2004 Silverado 1100 California Model exhaust modification - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

2004 Silverado 1100 California Model exhaust modification

Howdy folks

I just picked up a 2004 V star 1100 Silverado, California model and am looking to do some exhaust mods. The bike sounds like a sewing machine, is balky on the throttle response, and clearly isn't optimizing all the power it could be.

However, most of the aftermarket jet kits and pipes say they don't work on this particular model.
Do they really not work or are they just not in compliance with California emissions regulations?

I know later models began to incorporate a catalytic converter into the exhaust, so would post-2005 50 states models be much different?

What should I do?

Have thought about drilling out the baffles, installing a jet kit, putting some slip ons on or getting new pipes altogether but now really looking to spend more than 500 on the whole deal.

Cheers
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
What should I do?

Have thought about drilling out the baffles, installing a jet kit, putting some slip ons on or getting new pipes altogether but now really looking to spend more than 500 on the whole deal.

Cheers
Mike
First, read the laws for where you are. That will tell you everything you need to know regarding exhaust modification.

Any V Star 1100 exhaust from 2000-2005 will fit your bike and 06 up will fit of you get a rear mounting bracket.

I can tell you that if you think changing jets without doing the intake and/or exhaust is a waste of time, so is wasting money on a jet "kit". You spend $90 on a bunch of crap thaty you'll just throw away. But the 2 main jets you need and call it good...$10 total. There is no need to get ripped off....

Slip-ons do nothing for performance so a jet change will do nothing there either. Go HERE and read. Everything you need to know about performance for the 1100 is in there. Make sure to follow the link to the jetting tables as well....

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff

Last edited by Sick Mick; 05-21-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode