Black Kuryakyn Hypercharger - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By yhopkins
  • 2 Post By Sick Mick
  • 4 Post By Sick Mick
  • 2 Post By caseyjones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Question Black Kuryakyn Hypercharger

This is my first post ever, so hopefully this isn't a silly question. The guy is this YouTube video:

has a 2009 V Star 650 Custom. I have a 2007. He has a black Kuryakyn Hypercharger on his bike and I can't find it anywhere on the internet. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on a black Kuryakyn hypercharger that fits the '07 650? All my searches for models that are compatible with my bike turn up the chrome color and I'm on a blackout mission. Thanks guys.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

2007 V Star 650 Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 11:48 AM

I don't believe they sell a black one for the 650. What's wrong with buying a chrome one and painting it? Just scuff it well, prime and paint.
bevo1981 and bevo1981 like this.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mick View Post
I don't believe they sell a black one for the 650. What's wrong with buying a chrome one and painting it? Just scuff it well, prime and paint.
Yeah that was my initial thought till I saw this guy's YouTube video. It's just driving nuts that he has one and I can't find it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 01:44 PM

Aftermarket manufacturers don't make a whole lot for discontinued bikes. You'll be seeing less and less. Maybe you can find a used one...there's a billion 650's out there.

Or...do what I did....scuff and paint it the way you want it....

Mine is totally non functional except for the flaps...and serves only to scoop air onto the rear cylinder.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mick View Post
Aftermarket manufacturers don't make a whole lot for discontinued bikes. You'll be seeing less and less. Maybe you can find a used one...there's a billion 650's out there.

Or...do what I did....scuff and paint it the way you want it....

Mine is totally non functional except for the flaps...and serves only to scoop air onto the rear cylinder.
Ditto Mick. Get yourself some 1000-grit wet sandpaper. Scuff her up and hit her with some heat-resistant matte black. Will look tough.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode