Reccos for VS1100 seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Reccos for VS1100 seat

So I really need to do something about my seat.

I've ridden 1100's with stock seat. Not a fan.

My bike (2004) has the Mustang seat, which is better. But I find that after about an hour, my back starts aching. Problem is really that is just pushes me too far forward, e.g. "nuts on tank"... If I lean back against the backrest, my lower-half slides forward and I'm half-way on the tank. If I sit 'upright', I'm not on the tank, but not comfy... I do like having a backrest for myself, have little/no need for a pillion option...

Any suggestions???

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 04:24 PM

I loved the Corbin (also sold as a Yamaha Boulevard) on my 1100 before I made my own seat....it was the closest I ever got from a store bought seat that was pretty comfy on long rides. It'll sit you down and back about an inch.

You're right, the Mustang was every bit as bad as the stock seat for me, just in different ways...I sold mine 30 days after I bought it.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyjones View Post
So I really need to do something about my seat.

I've ridden 1100's with stock seat. Not a fan.

My bike (2004) has the Mustang seat, which is better. But I find that after about an hour, my back starts aching. Problem is really that is just pushes me too far forward, e.g. "nuts on tank"... If I lean back against the backrest, my lower-half slides forward and I'm half-way on the tank. If I sit 'upright', I'm not on the tank, but not comfy... I do like having a backrest for myself, have little/no need for a pillion option...

Any suggestions???
I like my Airhawk seat pad for distance riding. It takes some getting used to, & not too much or too little air (just uses lung pressure to inflate/adjust). It gives a little as your weight shifts AND "soaks up" minor road bumps pretty well.
There are more models out now, so it will vary on how it helps forward lean. I think there is one with a "cut-out"; @ the center/front.

Last edited by mickeystar; 06-04-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode