I got Ivan's ECU reflash package... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

I got Ivan's ECU reflash package...

And I absolutely love it! Totally worth the money. I ordered it over this past new years holiday when he has his specials and included was:

-Ecu reflash
-Cobra powerflo intake
-V&H 2 into 2 big radius exhaust
(BTW this is all on my 2009 v star 950)

Its been awhile since I got it all installed but with the horrible weather this year I've just recently been testing the limits.

First off when I called Ivan he explained everything in simple terms so I'd know what I was getting into and walked me through everything including which tools to use and specific instructions on removing the ECU ( I had no idea what I was doing BTW) and installing the pipes and intake. Which made his service so awesome. He explained that I could pick and choose what I wanted in my package and gave recommendations, the intake was his recommended product but I decided on the pipes because of the sound over anything else.

After it was all ordered and shipped directly to my door I installed it all myself with no issues. EXCEPT V&H (not ivan) messed up and shipped the wrong hardware so $10 later at the auto store I fixed that issue instead of dealing with customer service because I was impatient to test everything out.

Recently got some good miles put on it and the handling is so much bette . Less popping and engine breaking on deceleration and seems like there's more power available in the lower rpms. Gas efficiency went up also. Throttle reactions are more crisp and easier to keep high speeds. Probably more than that and I'll add if I notice more.

The Pipes sound awesome, look awesome and turn heads and that was the point. I highly recommend them. A word of caution tho, because of the shape and how the curve near the brake pedal it will get hot on the leg so I suggest tall boots with these pipes.

Overall, I have only good things to say about the product and especially Ivan for working with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160501_161444_1466915798084.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	59881   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160308_165956_1466916788278.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	59889   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160611_151249_1466916846213.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	59897  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 06:56 AM

Wow Jessiegyrl that is a bunch of great workt. Yep Ivan's a great guy with a great product but getting that done by yourself, priceless I really noticed an improvement on my previous V-Star 1300 with the Cobra intake, plus it took up less leg space than the OEM cleaner cover. Again nice work!!

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

it really does help with the leg room and i don't feel like i bang my knee on bumps as much either. and thank you! I'm not mechanically inclined but figured it out.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:41 PM

Garage
The re-flash from Ivan is the best you can do with these bikes. Fixes ignition, fuel, throttle mapping and fuel cut. No tuner comes close. Did this to my 1300 and it transformed the bike. And yes there is more torque in the lower RPM range, which allows to not to have to down shift as much and feather the clutch.

Nice bike!

Last edited by baron58; 06-26-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: More info
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 03:09 PM

Garage
Can you post a link to sight? I haven't heard of Ivan's

03 V-Star 1100 Custom
83 KZ 1100 Spectre
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesstehle View Post
Can you post a link to sight? I haven't heard of Ivan's
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 11:30 PM

Garage
Well it's been a while. Are you still happy with this setup? Have you done any further mods to your bike? Just sitting here with the snow coming down and bike under the cover in the garage. Thinking of what I should do to mod it up for next spring.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Still love it and performance wise no I didn't add more but as u can see in my profile pic versus the one I'm posting I did other things. I bought some OEM touring bags, made the bike solo added the solo cargo rack and a solo studded touring mustang seat w/ backrest (I had also tried the Corbin version it was horrible). Added engine guard which are cobra brand if I remember correctly and the ISO kuryakyn adjustable pegs. I found a tsukayu fairing with a glove box compartment (double boox model) with speakers, aux, and 12 volt lighter type charger. It had a remote and a box but unfortunately they never worked since I had a shop mess with the wiring and they fried it to hell and back. Speakers were still good so bought a Jenson heavy duty radio set up for the handlebars and it did have blue tooth ( the electronics were set up to headlights THEN the battery to prevent draining)..... I think that's pretty much it past a pelt I cut and put on to help with sweating on 12 hour rides. With all that the bike was amazing compared to the basic stuff it originally had.

Unfortunately I'm now selling the bike for a bigger upgrade as the long distances get harder on a smaller bike. Also even with the pegs to help me stretch out I was still cramped a bit which I didn't notice as much normally but going through multiple states really pointed it out haha I like the victory's and Indians unfortunately for me victory is not going to be made anymore so it'll be awhile before the Indian is in my budget.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170621_154751_1514180362755.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	76994  

Last edited by jessiegyrl; 12-25-2017 at 12:06 AM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 09:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegyrl View Post
Still love it and performance wise no I didn't add more but as u can see in my profile pic versus the one I'm posting I did other things. I bought some OEM touring bags, made the bike solo added the solo cargo rack and a solo studded touring mustang seat w/ backrest (I had also tried the Corbin version it was horrible). Added engine guard which are cobra brand if I remember correctly and the ISO kuryakyn adjustable pegs. I found a tsukayu fairing with a glove box compartment (double boox model) with speakers, aux, and 12 volt lighter type charger. It had a remote and a box but unfortunately they never worked since I had a shop mess with the wiring and they fried it to hell and back. Speakers were still good so bought a Jenson heavy duty radio set up for the handlebars and it did have blue tooth ( the electronics were set up to headlights THEN the battery to prevent draining)..... I think that's pretty much it past a pelt I cut and put on to help with sweating on 12 hour rides. With all that the bike was amazing compared to the basic stuff it originally had.

Unfortunately I'm now selling the bike for a bigger upgrade as the long distances get harder on a smaller bike. Also even with the pegs to help me stretch out I was still cramped a bit which I didn't notice as much normally but going through multiple states really pointed it out haha I like the victory's and Indians unfortunately for me victory is not going to be made anymore so it'll be awhile before the Indian is in my budget.
The V Star1300 is much more roomy and even more legroom than a Chieftain and Street Glide. Something you might look into. The Chieftain Limited is a sweet looking bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode