Down time - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Down time

Put the new sound system on the bike on saturday and while it fought me it looks good. Painted the speakers to match the midnight headlight (black with chrome trim ring). Got to get out sunday and put little over 200 miles on enjoying the music and sunshine. Walk out today with helmet in hand and what do i see but a big ol nailpokin out of the back tire. May as well look into a new tire too since they are OE. Schedule doesn't permit me getting the wheel dropped off at a shop during business hours so I'll be attempting swapping tires/tubes at home. Excuse me while i go sit on my bike and pretend to ride. Lol.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 06:02 AM

Garage
Sometimes we need to slow down, take a deep breath and enjoy the moment; then get back off the duff and "go like hell".
So, enjoy the moment.

"Dance like this is the last dance "
2009 V Star 950 Tourer
Windshield; Clevver; V&H exhaust.; Highway bar
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 08:42 PM

Garage
Sorry to hear that 07. Sucks big time, I think all of these construction trailers and trucks that drop debris, nails, screws, and so on should get a littering citation when they fail to clean the trailer and truck beds at the end of the day. I've had rocks, dirt clods, roofing nails and sheet metal screws all on my hood and in my tires after being behind them. Just my opinion mind you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

She's back on the road. Spent a few hours after work swapping out the tube.

Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 09:55 PM

Garage
Way to go!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:59 AM

Man, I admire/envy you guys who have the knowledge, tools, and space to be that self-sufficient! I'd give anything to have a garage, a floor jack, and the know-how to keep myself from having to take my bike to a shop.
My hat is off to you, glad you're back up and running.

Bart
'12 950 VStar Tourer
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 03:47 PM

Garage
If you have the room, harbor freights has their lift on special right now. I'm no mechanic, yet I bought a repair manual and bought their lift. Two oil changes and it all paid for itself.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
If you have the room, harbor freights has their lift on special right now. I'm no mechanic, yet I bought a repair manual and bought their lift. Two oil changes and it all paid for itself.

I guess I do have room, as in the whole outdoors...but not the space, as in a place to work. Other than my driveway. I do manage to do oil changes and other minor stuff but man, to have a clean dry garage would be heaven on earth.

Thanks for the heads-up, though, on the lift. Maybe I could keep it under the dining room table ;-)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

I have no garage. Just the yard. My jack was on sale at harbor freight a few weeks ago, for around 60 bucks. Tools can be aquired on an as needed basis, yard sales, flea markets and harbor freight is great for that. Other than that a repair manual, maybe a laptop or tablet incase u need a video to visually see something and the standard case of cold refreshing beverages or ur choice, lol.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:56 PM

Garage
I can understand that, guess I'm lucky in that way. My wife says my garage is the cleanest most organized part of the house, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode