Detachable - EZ PASS - Moto Friendly Mount - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By 07midnightcustom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Question Detachable - EZ PASS - Moto Friendly Mount

MY RIDE:
2013 V STAR 1300 DELUXE

I recently picked up an ez pass to make traveling the toll roads easier when on the motorcycle. Now, to get the benefit i need to mount it in a manner that it can transmit properly.

I would prefer something detachable that does NOT muck up anything.

I was thinking the underside of my right saddlebag lid would be a prefect hidden location, but will it work?

I am also considering going with 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips in black and using the top of the fairing just forward of the GPS door for the location. The Command strips can be easily removed later without leaving a mess.

please share your "toll transponder" mount and usage experience with your motorcycle.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 01:23 PM

Just mounted with the strips it comes with. Stays at 75 and i take it off the bike when i leave it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-07-20 14.22.13.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	60793   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-07-20 14.21.52.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	60801  
c7c50 and c7c50 like this.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07midnightcustom View Post
Just mounted with the strips it comes with. Stays at 75 and i take it off the bike when i leave it.
thanks. i'm gonna stay away from sticking anything to the windshield since i have the option of the top of fairing behind the windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 02:45 PM

It's where it has to be. Both cuz the turnpike says so, already got a letter once cuz it didn't pick up and wasn't visible on the camera, and that's where it seems to work best except for the last couple days. But its been on there rain or shine since beginning of june.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode