my stock brake pads squeal. they squeal a lot. there is plenty of pad left, and i've cleaned and deglazed the rotor, sanded the pads, but the squeal always comes back. so i was looking at getting a new set of pads, but though maybe i'll go a bit further and upgrade the entire system.
so, i spent the last month or so working on this project at a leisurely pace. got a pair of left and right blue-dot calipers from a first generation r6. i disassembled them, cleaned them, removed and cleaned each piston, seal, etc. the left side, i had for extra parts (seals, pistons).
once finished cleaning completely and reassembling the caliper, i sprayed with vht caliper paint, in a silver colour. i let that sit for a few days to cure, then baked in a toaster over for 1 hour at 225 F, as per the instructions. it sat like that until today, when i completed the installation.
i drained and removed the stock brake line, then the stock caliper. i bolted the new caliper on with new pads, and installed a new stainless brake line, that i had made as well. once it was all bolted up, it took a while to re prime the master cylinder, but once i had that, bleeding the system was pretty painless.
i'm eager to take it out for a spin later today and test it all out. the r6 caliper is much lighter than the stock floating 2 piston caliper.