Exhaust heat vs bad regulator
Good morning all! I'm having a battery issue and wanted opinion. I just replaced my battery, it was the one on the bike when I purchased it a year ago and it was no longer starting the bike. Bulged and hot when I pulled it out of the bike, I had thought this was just due to age. I replaced it, and now two weeks later as I am on my way home I smell what smells like a perm hairdo and realize I'm smelling battery acid. Parked the bike, waited until it had cooled off, and pulled the cover. The new battery was SUPER BULGED and had even popped the vent caps on the top. I have recently moved and now sit in a bit of rush-hour traffic, so I had thought it was due to the higher temps of sitting. Is this possible or can this type of damage only be caused by overcharging?
Thank you for any insight all, and have a fantastic day!
2000 V-Star 1100 Classic
600w Amplified Stereo
USB Charge Ports
Hard Leather Saddlebags
Mustang Vintage Two Piece Saddle
Chrome Engine Guard