Boss audio mcbk470b - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By smittyrock
  • 2 Post By 07midnightcustom
  • 2 Post By smittyrock
  • 2 Post By smittyrock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Boss audio mcbk470b

Installed my Boss speakers and I'm blown away by the volume. Pretty much got them for free. I tried to talk the dealer down on the price of the bike and instead he gave me store credit. Good quality mp3 files can be heard crystal clear at highway speeds with my windshield mounted. Have not hit the highway yet without the windshield since I've had the speakers installed. Mounted my phone with a Ram mount and I'm using Car Home Ultra to control my media from my phone. The app can show speed and can speak the weather forecast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boss Speakers.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	61593  
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Mine play great at highways speeds. I like em.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 09:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyrock View Post
Installed my Boss speakers and I'm blown away by the volume. Pretty much got them for free. I tried to talk the dealer down on the price of the bike and instead he gave me store credit. Good quality mp3 files can be heard crystal clear at highway speeds with my windshield mounted. Have not hit the highway yet without the windshield since I've had the speakers installed. Mounted my phone with a Ram mount and I'm using Car Home Ultra to control my media from my phone. The app can show speed and can speak the weather forecast.

Where did you mount your amp? I couldn't decide on a good place so its in my saddle bag right now.

2014 V star 1300 tourer (New Baby)
2014 Bolt- Traded
2006 Road Star 1700- Traded
2003 Honda VLX 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Burnett View Post
Where did you mount your amp? I couldn't decide on a good place so its in my saddle bag right now.
I mounted it in a tool bag below the headlight so not as clean as I would have liked. I also have a Honda 919 and I installed the two speaker system and was able to hide the amp behind side panel. I have Coretech throwover bags so I didn't want to mount it on the bags. I just use them for around town stuff and will most likely take them off for long trips since I just bought a sissybar/backrest bag from Viking Bags.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 06:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyrock View Post
I mounted it in a tool bag below the headlight so not as clean as I would have liked. I also have a Honda 919 and I installed the two speaker system and was able to hide the amp behind side panel. I have Coretech throwover bags so I didn't want to mount it on the bags. I just use them for around town stuff and will most likely take them off for long trips since I just bought a sissybar/backrest bag from Viking Bags.
Ive still been toying with the idea of a batwing fairing, I really like the looks of the Deluxe model. But got a good deal on mine.

2014 V star 1300 tourer (New Baby)
2014 Bolt- Traded
2006 Road Star 1700- Traded
2003 Honda VLX 600
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Burnett View Post
Ive still been toying with the idea of a batwing fairing, I really like the looks of the Deluxe model. But got a good deal on mine.
So have I, I'm taking a trip from Texas to Indy next month and will see how I like the windshield and Boss system as far as functionality goes but I love the look with a fairing. I paid cash so the Deluxe model was out of the range I was willing to pay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode