Stealth fairing - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Stealth fairing

I'm ready to start planning the next bike upgrade now that jetting and pods are done. I am thinking about looking into a fairing. I found this one and it looks like mostly good reviews from what I could find so far. Anyone have one of these and how has it worked out, held up, would you do it again?

Yamaha V Star 650/1100 Classic Fairing

Thanks!

2017 HD Ultra Limited
2001 V Star 1100 Classic
Mustang seat w/backrest and hard saddlebags
Trucklite LED headlight and passing lamps
Bub's Big Willy pipes Pods intake
Passenger mini floorboards
Stealth Fairing - JVC receiver with Sirius Tuner, 4 x Polk Audio 5.25" speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 10:33 PM

Garage
Not my bag, baby. Let classic cruisers look like classic cruisers, and batwing fairings ain't that.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 08:51 AM

A fairing isn't for everyone......... Apparently! But I for one tend to like them and think that a cruiser looks good with one. I also like the protection that one offers. Of course I used to think the opposite. I didn't even think that a person that enjoyed riding should even have a windshield because it's the wind blowing on you that is the best part of riding.

I've gotten older, bought a bigger bike than I ever had and found that it's nice riding with a little less wind blowing on you sometimes. I also installed a fairing on my other bike a while back. It is the same brand as this one and I love it.

The fit and finish are very good for the price. The mounting was easy too do but I did use fender washers too reinforce the area where the bolts go thru the fairing into the mounts. It adds some extra strength in that area so that the area doesn't brake thru from the small amount of flexing/movement in that area.

For the relative inexpensive cost of this fairing you can't go wrong. I'd not hesitate to purchase another if I needed one.

Last edited by smokindawg; 08-18-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
In a perfect world I'd have several bikes for different missions but unfortunately for me money IS an object...lol. I ride quite a bit, weekends when we go out it's generally for the entire day and we end up in all kinds of weather. If you don't like the weather in Ohio give it 5 minutes, it'll change. I also have a 40 mile commute to work that I would probably ride more often if I had a little more protection from the wind and weather. It would be nice to have a radio for the boring morning commute that was installed in a fairing and ready to play without any fussing around. It also looks like I can put the fairing on so that it can be removed without too much hassle. I definitely like the cost on this one and the fact that it doesn't come preinstalled with stereo stuff that is much cheaper to find and install yourself.

2017 HD Ultra Limited
2001 V Star 1100 Classic
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 11:09 AM

Garage
Memphis Shades Adjustable Fork Clamps

I would get the fixed fork clamps, by this I mean not the trigger/quick removal set as they can over time move on you.
I have the trigger setup and had to run some bolts Thur it into the old windshield mount. Bat-wings are old school classic.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I think I'd definitely go with fixed clamps for something like this, seems like a bit much stress for those quick release clamps.

2017 HD Ultra Limited
2001 V Star 1100 Classic
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 10:57 PM

I have this fairing on a Honda 1800 VTX. It mounts on the triple tree on both top and bottom. The mount is very secure. I opted to not have a stereo. I don't want the distraction.

But, I can understand why many want t stereo. And, it's best to get a fairing without the stereo already installed. That way you can install the system you want.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 08:42 AM

I want this fairing as well, but can't bring myself to take the plunge.

If you buy it, please let us know your thoughts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 06:50 PM

Garage
Man I have been looking at the same one but for the 1300. I haven't been able to talk myself into pulling the trigger yet. Still thinking about an exhaust and a tuner. Decisions, decisions!!!! If you buy one, might take a look the this speaker setup. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ontroller.html

2014 V star 1300 tourer (New Baby)
2014 Bolt- Traded
2006 Road Star 1700- Traded
2003 Honda VLX 600

Last edited by Joshua Burnett; 08-19-2016 at 06:58 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 09:40 PM

You won't be disappointed if you go with this fairing. Fit and finish is great on the one I got for my other bike.

I'd go with the fairing first....... Of course it's easy to say for me since I already have a programmer and exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode