wiki knowledge page - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By merc669

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
wiki knowledge page

is there one for the 950?

"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 10:21 AM

I did some searching Keith and cannot find anything directly except for the Generic Wikipedia Pages. However, the 1300 does share some common things not all mind you but maybe able to help in some areas. It would be nice to see this page do maybe a combined 950/1300 Wiki if there was enough input. That being said, maybe the site can help or offer some direction;

V Star 1300 Wiki / FrontPage

Maybe someone else out there knows of a Wiki that directly pertains to the 950.

Bill
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

2009 V-Star 1300 Tourer (First bike in 35 Years and only 1737 Miles when I bought it.)
Cobra Slip-On
Windshield ground down 4 inches
CompTIA A+ Certified
KC3DEZ - FCC Extra Class License
Currently working on my CompTIASecurity+ Certification
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 01:56 PM

I can tell you that it all starts by somebody grabbing the ball and running with it. It's one hell of a lot of work and takes a huge amount of thankless time with countless complaints, criticisms and insults.

That's why not much gets done. I took over the V Star 1100 KB when it is just a collection of items with no search and a structure that was confusing. I converted it to the Wiki format all by myself. I'm not saying it is perfect by any means....but it gets the job done. I'm on every forum and FaceBook site every day making sure I'm not missing anything important...so the hours never end. It's far from perfect...there are many broken links and other issues....and absolutely no one has ever stepped forward to offer to help, not that it would be expected.

My suggestion is that if you want one.....start now. In 5 years or so you'll have something fairly solid....in 10 years it will be an awesome resource.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode