Best seat to replace Mustang on VS1100 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Best seat to replace Mustang on VS1100

So I just got back from a 3 hour ride and my a$$ is killing me. Happens every time I go more than an hour or so.

Why? I have a Mustang seat with backrest and it pushes me too far forward. The family jewels are perched on the end of the tank, and only half my own posterior is actually on the seat. I'm 'perched' on the edge more than sitting on it. (Sick Mick - you said this would happen, I know...) It's NOT the backrest. That's as far back as it can go. It's simply the design of the seat.

So my question is this. Given my problem what's the best seat to let me "push back" a bit further? Stock? Something else?

(FWIW, I don't have the stock seat - got the bike with the Mustang on it)...

Thanks in advance,

KC

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 06:34 PM

Yeah.....most 1100 riders i know do not like the Mustang at all, including me. Look at the Corbin and the Ultimate.....you'll be much happier. They sit you down and back instead of up and forward pushing you against the tank.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, Mick. Checking 'em both out. Corbin seems to have several options, Ultimate only one. I'm thinking to bobber the thing so I'd be looking for just the single rider seat in either case.

Anyone out there riding one of these and can comment? Especially versus a mustang?

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 11:46 AM

I have a Saddelman seat not sure what model. My ASS would get a bit stiff and sore UNTIL......I did the 6" forward ScootMod floorboard extension. AMAZING difference. 300 mile trip last weekend and my AZZ felt GOOD!

2003 V Star 1100 Classic
Pipes, missing "stuff", re jet, Saddleman seat, ScootMod 6" forward, passenger floorboards, Clevver mod. More to come.

Last edited by Cummins12V98; 08-28-2016 at 11:48 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 02:49 PM

Garage
I've done 'em all. Stock, stock re-stuffed twice, Mustang, Corbin (Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha V-Star 1100 | 800-538-7035) and Ultimate. Ultimate was best, but not great. My shed is a bit of a graveyard of 1100 seats. I've said in other posts, I think maybe it's me, not the seat. I can go about an hour-and-a-half on the Ultimate. Of all of them, the Corbin sits you the lowest and the farthest rearward, but it is also the stiffest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corbin.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	62458  

2002 V-Star 1100 Classic
Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing
Dragbar Handlebars
National Cycle Cruiseliner Saddlebags
7" LED Headlight with 4.5" LED Driving Lights
Corbin Seat
Engine Guard with Kuryakyn Pegs
Chubby Intake with TimB's PMS Thumbscrews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode