2017 vstar deluxe - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes
  • 2 Post By muckers
  • 2 Post By NGM
  • 4 Post By Sick Mick
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By utah-kat
  • 2 Post By baron58

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

2017 vstar deluxe

Hi all

I want to purchase a 2017 vstar deluxe to replace my custom s50 Suzuki with hard bags and fairing. I love the bike but it is too light for highway driving especially with me on it I'm 110lbs

My question is the handlebars on the vstar are too much of a reach. I'm 5.2 what bar recommendations do you have. Dealer doesn't really know and this is holding me back before I buy it.

I need to make sure I can reach comfortably without leaning over.

I will be putting a 1" lowering kit on also thanks for the advice
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 09:59 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

I am sure there are ladies and gents on here who can give bar recomendations but if that dealer cannot help you I would find one that has more knowledge. They should be able to measure and suggest a good pullback length for you. My wife has the same problem that is why she has the bike she does now. A full cruiser would make it so she could not reach.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:51 PM

Garage
I'm with NGM, if the dealership isn't much help, check elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckers View Post
Hi all

I want to purchase a 2017 vstar deluxe to replace my custom s50 Suzuki with hard bags and fairing. I love the bike but it is too light for highway driving especially with me on it I'm 110lbs

My question is the handlebars on the vstar are too much of a reach. I'm 5.2 what bar recommendations do you have. Dealer doesn't really know and this is holding me back before I buy it.

I need to make sure I can reach comfortably without leaning over.

I will be putting a 1" lowering kit on also thanks for the advice
Without knowing all the the specs involved it's going to be impossible to tell you if it'll fit or not. We'd need to know your arm length, body length, shoulder width, distance of the seat to the handlebars, handlebar measurements, etc etc.

I can say that if it ends up not fitting, there are literally thousands of handlebar configurations available out there....you could find something to work.

Here is a listing of stock handlebar measurements....this may help you determine what you need. To be honest, I've never bought a bike that I didn't have to replace something to get it to fit me. That's part of the fun....

Stock Motorcycle Handlebar Measurements, Cruisers

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:54 PM

Garage
I'm 5'6", so I can relate to reaching. My current ride is a V* 1100 classic that I put handle bar pull back extentions and 1" lowering kit. No more reaching and I can totally flat foot the bike. Hope it works for you.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:49 PM

I have a 2009 VStar 1300, the previous owner switched out the handlebar with one from the Star Royal Tour Deluxe. It's narrower, pulled back about 2 or so inches and best of all it's a direct switch without replacing cables. The bar end weights won't fit though, I bought a set from Suzuki Intruder on ebay, fit perfectly.
Enjoy your ride.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 06:37 AM

Garage
Can you sit on the bike and see for yourself? Or do they not have one in stock. The 1300 sits pretty low to begin with. As for handlebars, there are a lot of options out there. These guys https://sscustomcycle.com/ have a lot of options for the V-Star line including bars that pull back more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode