Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2014 V-Star 1300T Owner, Newfoundland, Canada

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Star Struck 
#1 ·
Hello fellow riders. I am new to riding. I think I surprised even myself that I am riding a 2014 V-Star 1300T as my first bike, but I love it. Actually, I moved fast. First time riding was in Aug when I did the motorcycle safety course. Got my permit the next week and a used 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Touring for a really good price, a little big for a starter bike because my wife did the training course as well. However, I greatly enjoyed it. She has yet to get her permit. I have since gotten my licence. Why a new V-Star? Planned to get a new one next year anyway and the late season deal on this new one was too good to pass up. Great power, handling, style, sound, fuel economy. Geared for highway cruising. However, after owning it for almost a month it's in the shop for driveline lash, clunk every time I roll on and off the throttle. I will be posting elsewhere regarding this issue. Takes some of the fun out of riding and the season is pretty much over here in eastern Canada. Already have had several frosty mornings.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Great looking bike you got yourself. Is the wife inheriting the Vulcan or are you going to do the noble thing and get her a nice shiny Star? You gave us a very nice intro with pics and all. This will appease the pic whores from harrassing you. Don't be shy to post often, ask as many questions as you want and most importantly, share your world famous bbq cod sandwich recipe.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

#6 ·
I think my wife is a little uncomfortable with motorcycles. During the training session she dropped one of the Marauder 250s they provided us. The Vulcan 900 looks and feels as big as my new V-Star v1300, both of which she finds intimidating. She needs to take it much slower than me and start with something small. Getting out in traffic for the fist time can be scary. I will gently encourage her but not pressure her. She can decide next spring if she wants the Vulcan, but I suspect we will sell it. So far, she has gone for one ride with me as a passenger. Although she was the one who got me interested in riding (she wanted a Can Am Spyder), she does not share my enthusiasm for riding.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois USA. Glad you joined us here and look forward to reading more if your posts, I'm sure they have you up and cruising in no time. Keep us posted and ride s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.