Power Commander V for Roadliner / Stratorliner -- $270 shipped! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Power Commander V for Roadliner / Stratorliner -- $270 shipped!

My mouse-clicking finger keeps hovering over the "Buy It Now" link for this deal but sadly my "toy" budget for the month has to go toward new tires for the Jeep.

Some lucky 'Liner rider on this forum should snag this deal up and save themselves $100!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DynoJet-Powe...m=251006512628

'09 Roadliner - "The Red Roadie"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 04:06 PM

All your doing is wasting good money for no gain unless you have highly modified the bike.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

I wouldn't say that having the capability to fully customize your fuel and ignition settings provides no gain.

While the benefits may not be enormous for stock (or near-stock) setups, this is nonetheless a good price for those who have need for this device, hence why I posted a link here.

'09 Roadliner - "The Red Roadie"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM

Thumbs up

I have. a 2010 roadliner and put the Patrick racing air kit and power commander on and took it to the Dyno to see the before and after results. With the air kit and power commander installed running with the base map there was an increase in hp and torque. Hp went from 91.5 to 94.8 and torque went from 106.8 to 109.2. I know it's not a huge increase but it was noticeable and it also excellerated faster. Never paid the money for a custom map but think it would get a few more hp and torque. Also just added a full exhaust and although I did not have it dynoed performance seems to have increased a little more. I will say that unles you have the exact set up as one of the available maps that come with the unit or you get it Dyno tuned you might not get the most out of the unit. After I installed the exhaust none of the maps were an exact match one map would give me great performance under WOT but would not be great otherwise. Another map gave me a little less performance but ran better all around. since then my laptopdied so I ended up actually getting a different fuel processor that does not require a lap top. Overall I think the PVC is good if you get it custom mapped or have the exact set up as one of the supplied mapsp
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I have. a 2010 roadliner and put the Patrick racing air kit and power commander on and took it to the Dyno to see the before and after results. With the air kit and power commander installed running with the base map there was an increase in hp and torque. Hp went from 91.5 to 94.8 and torque went from 106.8 to 109.2. I know it's not a huge increase but it was noticeable and it also excellerated faster. Never paid the money for a custom map but think it would get a few more hp and torque. Also just added a full exhaust and although I did not have it dynoed performance seems to have increased a little more. I will say that unles you have the exact set up as one of the available maps that come with the unit or you get it Dyno tuned you might not get the most out of the unit. After I installed the exhaust none of the maps were an exact match one map would give me great performance under WOT but would not be great otherwise. Another map gave me a little less performance but ran better all around. since then my laptopdied so I ended up actually getting a different fuel processor that does not require a lap top. Overall I think the PVC is good if you get it custom mapped or have the exact set up as one of the supplied mapsp
I did not mean anything bad, it's your bike and money but figure the amount of gain you have gotten and the added noise with the intake and exhaust into the amount of money you have spent?
I did all that to my 1100 and it added a ton of power to it but not on the liner as the money spent verses the gain is not worth it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 04:34 PM

I don't think you meant anything bad. it is always a personal decision whether or not spending money on performance parts are worth it. I also agree that you probably would get more of an increase doing the same upgrades to an 1100 than you would the roadliner. But for all of the people deciding on doing any performance upgrades here are some of my findings from going through the process

Stock roadliner hp is 86.7
Patrick racing air kit without power commander 91.6 on the Dyno
Patrick racing air kit and power commander with base map not custom map. 94.8
Vance and Hines pro pipe with the above mentioned modifications. Not sure of the numbers because did not want to pay to find out. Changing the exhaust definitely changed the power curve of the bike. Slightly less low end torque. And a lot more mid range power. The bike definitely revs easie and faster and ecelleration definitely feels better throughout the entire rpm range
Hope this helps any one thinking of doing any performance upgrades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode