Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

recent fuel smell

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sonysnek 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I have an 01 Vstar 650 classic which is my daily driver. The past few nights I have had a fuel smell increase in my garage, visual inspection found no hoses or fittings leaking so tonight I pulled it outside, pulled the air breather housing and fired it up. Found fuel coming out the hose which ends open and is attached to the bracket just behind the breather housing. Question is, is this hose from the carbs or the tank? Is it a vent or an over flow? Planning on pulling the tank tommorow after work to see whats up but would like some insight to what might be the cause. Thank You in advance :)

#2 ·
Well I pulled the carbs and cleaned the float chambers, floats, float needles and seats. Replaced the fuel filter and put it all back together. Started it up and to no avail it still is blowin fuel through the carb vent hose. Jumped on my wifes Shadow and went for a long ride to clear my #%#!^%^ thoughts this afternoon. Will tear down again and plan on orderin new float needles and seats and hope that will do it :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.