Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New Guy From Texas

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JustSayAhh 
#1 ·
Greetings from Katy, Texas. I recently bought a new 2009 Stratoliner S from a local dealership. I have been riding a Goldwing, but wanted something different--and different is what I got. I am pretty happy with my Stratoliner, but I miss the power, storage, and cruise control on the 'Wing. This winter, I think I will miss the heated grips even more. I am working on making my new Stratoliner fit me and make it more comfortable ride. On the plus side, it is a solid, well-built, well-finished machine.

#2 ·
Love my '07 Stratoliner S. altho I am looking at a 'wing for the reasons you mentioned. Wife says she just isn't comfortable on the Strat. Enjoy the 4m. Lots of great folks and info to be found here.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#3 ·
I never owned one but took a friend's wing for a little ride. I agree, an infinite amount of power, and surprisingly nimble (considering it's about the size of half a Toyota Camry). I din't care at all for the limited space for foot positioning. The bike can go a lot longer between gas stops but I'd need to stop twice inbetween just to get off and get my knees flexing and working again.

#6 ·
Ah, yes, just what the forum needs: another blue Stratoliner. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum, I hope you're enjoying the bike. For what it's worth, I have one sister who lives in Katy, and another one whose name is Katie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.