New V Star 950 and new to motorcycling - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

New V Star 950 and new to motorcycling

Hi Folks,

I bought my 09 V Star 950 two weeks ago and absolutely love it! Its my first motorcycle, I had ATVs for a while but the places to ride them dried up here in good ol' NY so I sold them and decided it was time to buy a bike. I did a bunch of research, rode some and decided the 950 was the one for me. I'm taking my MSF Course in two weeks as it came highly recommended by many. I'm trying to be as safe as possible so I suppose it can't hurt-maybe I'll learn a thing or two. I look forward to sharing tips and suggestions. Happy Riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:36 PM

You're a brave guy for having a 950 for your first bike. Mine was a couple years ago when I bought a Shadow 750 but now considering moving up and I love the 950 V-Star Tourer. My local dealer also has some good prices on a 1300 but it seems like it might be too big for me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

The way I looked at it, it wasn't that big of a bike, size and weight wise. Its got a low seat height and as long as I was respectful of the power; I'd be ok. Additionally, I wanted something that I didn't have to quickly trade up from.

I really think if you fit on the bike comfortably-not too heavy not too tall-and you can control impulses to your right hand ;~), you shouldn't have a problem with a bigger bike.

Happy shopping!
Ride safe.

Tony

09 V Star 950
Mustang Seat with Backrest
Kuryakyn Side Mount Tag Holder
Yamaha Rear Rack
2005 Kendon Triple Rail Stand Up Trailer with Rock Guard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode