New member Columbus, OH - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7
New member Columbus, OH

Hi guys, just wanted to say hi. I've learned how to ride just a few months ago which means I have no idea how to ride. My first and only bike is 2006 Yamaha V star 1100 that due to my stupidity I'm having issues with. As soon as I get posting privileges I will make a thread and ask for help. Hell I am willing to pay for a good advice. That's all from me now, I'll keep an eye out on this thread in case someone really familiar with V star 1100 wants to chat and feels particularly in a good mood tonight
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
noobmodifier is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
 
BrokeAss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobmodifier View Post
Hi guys, just wanted to say hi. I've learned how to ride just a few months ago which means I have no idea how to ride. My first and only bike is 2006 Yamaha V star 1100 that due to my stupidity I'm having issues with. As soon as I get posting privileges I will make a thread and ask for help. Hell I am willing to pay for a good advice. That's all from me now, I'll keep an eye out on this thread in case someone really familiar with V star 1100 wants to chat and feels particularly in a good mood tonight
Welcome noob.... got a vstar 1100 myself... touched everything on it except the engine... saving that for next winter.... but there are a lot of good informative people on here... shoot some pics and shoot your issues and we'll try to help...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
BrokeAss is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7
Hey thx man. I am making a thread in v star forum where I'll put as much detail as possible, I don't want to clog introduction forum
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
noobmodifier is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
NorthernRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,954
Garage
Welcome noobmodifier. Read your thread about the carb issues but I'm afraid I'm not qualified to offer any assistance. I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be able to give you some tips though.

I also picked up an 1100 as my first bike in many years and I absolutely love it. Already got 3000 miles on this season (which didn't start until May up here in the Great White North). You got yourself a great ride and once you get your carbs sorted out I know you're going to love it. Post up some pics when you can!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
NorthernRider is online now  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRider View Post
Welcome noobmodifier. Read your thread about the carb issues but I'm afraid I'm not qualified to offer any assistance. I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be able to give you some tips though.

I also picked up an 1100 as my first bike in many years and I absolutely love it. Already got 3000 miles on this season (which didn't start until May up here in the Great White North). You got yourself a great ride and once you get your carbs sorted out I know you're going to love it. Post up some pics when you can!
Will do, thanks man. I am scared $hitle$$ at the moment

Hopefully the knowledgeable gods will grace me with their presence
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
noobmodifier is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
 
NorthernRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,954
Garage
I'm sure it's just an adjustment or something simple. I've read that synching your carbs can solve a lot of issues too. If you Google that you'll find lots of info.

Someone posted this link so I saved it for when I have to dig into my carbs. Hope it can help.

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1...g/carb-jetting
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
NorthernRider is online now  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
BrokeAss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 139
Agreed ☝️

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
BrokeAss is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 09:06 PM
Moderator
 
Keith Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,693
Garage
Hi noob, welcome to the forum. Lots of 1100 owners here and I'm sure one of them will be able to help you. I ride the 950 and it's fuel injected so I wouldn't be much help. As others have said, please share some pics with us and let us know if you got your carb issues resolved. Ride safely!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith Post is online now  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Hi noob, welcome to the forum. Lots of 1100 owners here and I'm sure one of them will be able to help you. I ride the 950 and it's fuel injected so I wouldn't be much help. As others have said, please share some pics with us and let us know if you got your carb issues resolved. Ride safely!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That fuel injection is looking mighty attractive to me right now
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
noobmodifier is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Moderator
 
Keith Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,693
Garage
Lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith Post is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome