Possible newbie - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Possible newbie

Hi, Im joe. I might possibly be trading my R6 for a roadie (would prefer a raider or warrior but beggars cant be choosers). I will definately miss the 6 but Im planning a few 2 up touring trips. The first (and only) person to email me about the trade has an 03 but its got a different engine (same roadstar engine just different year). he said the only problem hes had is the starter went so he had it replaced. just wondering what are some common problems with this year, etc. that could cause the engine to need to be replaced? I went to Wyotech in Daytona for Harleys, so I know my way around a push rod aircooled cruiser, and having had the 6 for a few years and a few projects (96 kawi fe100 and now a 91 ex500) i can guess my way around pretty much anything, Either way, looks like you guys have a good forum and I may stick around just for fun even if I keep the crotch rocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. i think i would ask that owner why the engine had to be replaced and how many miles were on it when it was. have you considered doing a trade with a dealership?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 AM

welcome to the forum... i once traded an R1 for a brand new 04 Road Star Silverado. that was a great bike. anyways... i owned mine for 3 yrs and never had an issue with it. not sure why the motor would have to be replaced... bevo nailed it, ask the owner why the engine was replaced and how many miles were on it.

BLUE BIKE CLUB
BOBBER CLUB

05 Vstar 650 bobber

13 Harley Street Glide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

The engine was replaced when the transmission was recalled.? This guy isn't the original owner, but neither am I. I had thought about doing a trade at a dealer but I can't afford a payment right now and I know they usually won't do anything without making money. There are actually a couple raiders in the next town over that I would love to have but the payments would be too much and they wouldn't give me much for a trade in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode