Advise on 2014 Roadliner S - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Sittin Bull
  • 2 Post By KCW
  • 2 Post By outbackzack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Cool Advise on 2014 Roadliner S

Hello.. After riding motorcycles for 26 years I sold my last Suzuki two decades ago. Had four sons and was involved in all their sports, you know how it goes when you have to make decisions between your passion and and your family. Recently I have thought a lot about getting back in the saddle as one of my sons lives in NC and rides his through the mountains. Always a dream of mine. Long story short, I recently discovered a Yamaha 2014 Road Liner S with 1 mile on the odometer. I can pick it up for a song and a dance, they are asking $9900 but I'm sure I can get it for less. It seems to be very well balanced for a bike with 1834cc and seems light when pulled off the stand even compared to other cruisers with smaller engine displacement. Just wondering if these have stood the test of time or if there is anything I should be concerned about in regards to maintenance or known issues. Also wondering if this is the steal I think it is.

Although the rear end reminds me of my mother-in-law the rest of the bike looks awesome. The other guys would see much more of the tail end than I so we will let that be their problem... Thanks in advance for your input!!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Sittin Bull
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 02:59 PM

Garage
Hi SB, welcome to the forum. According to kbb, the retail value of the Roadliner S is over 8k and trade-in value is over 6k, being in excellent condition. With only 1 mile on it I'm sure it's in excellent condition. I'd be wondering how long it's been sitting and if it's been garaged, etc, but that's just me. I've seen very few negative issues with the roadies. Let us know what you decide on, and if you purchase it, share some pics of it with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 07:11 PM
KCW

Garage
SB did not say, is it an old year did-not-sell bike still at a dealer? If you are buying it 'as new' from a dealer it will have some kind of warranty, so the price may be higher than if its being sold as a used bike.

The dealer near my house finds bikes 2 to 4 years old that were never sold, and gets some really great prices on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 06:11 PM

Garage
You will have no regrets with the Yamaha big V-twin, except maybe the sore cheeks from smiling while riding it.

I have a '13 Strat, and have put more miles on it in the 4 months since I bought it, than I put on my Boulevard all last year.

Last edited by outbackzack; 07-22-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode