Greetings from New Member - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By KnightWraith
  • 2 Post By YamaMassGirl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Greetings from New Member

Star Riders, Good am. Nice to be here hope to make new acquaintances. Been riding since I was 14 on dirt/street, endure bike. Learned what to do and not to do in the dirt roads like the first encounter with deep sand. LOL!! Rode mostly critter trails in the closest woods I could find. Loved camping wit a buddy or two on the bikes. I've owned many bikes. My new (to me) 1300 reminds me of my '99 Heritage that I owned for 13 years put 100,000 miles on and spent mucho dinero building it to be what the XV1300 already is. Therefore as far as the 1300 80" my thoughts are if it ain't broke-don't fix it!!! I remember when an 80" was the largest production bike made. With the Star it's all one needs. Cruiser comfort, sport bike power. Watched you tube vids where the rider set the speedo past the last numbers. It's fast enough and can't wait to surprise some unsuspecting riders on their egobikes. (my terminology, but a true observation) Now I get to ride quietly going out and coming in. Even looks like the old girl, once brand new with my butt as it's only friend. I had to let it go simply because I had filed for bankruptcy many years ago and once I paid it off was back charged for taxes from 2005? The Trustee hated motorcycles so refused to pay the taxes, although he promised to do so when in court. I could not afford 800 bucks for a little sticker on my tag. Luckily the treasurer told me what to do. I turned the tag traded bikes, actually got money back, and got a new tag. It was to the point where I was making repair payments any ways. American reality Vehicles #1/ You are either making repairs or payments. If you're doing both time to trade while the R&R bike is still running so you get a higher trade. Perhaps I have a unique way of getting things done. Legal always, when fixing/fabricating things; engine basics make all the difference. Still always learning new things. If you want to know who the real Stars are; look in your mirror. Love Fuel Injection, won't buy a carbed bike anymore unless it's a classic and just a fun project. Always ride like you are invisible, to cagers you are! I've had over 80 bikes riding along with me leading the way and people still tried to pull into the procession. What happened to manners??'nuff said.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 06:57 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum KnightWraith! Very nice intro. Only thing missing is a pic of your new ride. We love pics here. With all the bikes you've owned and your knowledge you'll be addition to our forum, glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 10:21 AM

Garage
Hey there and welcome to the forum. Glad you are loving the 1300. Always nice to have experienced riders join. Upload a pic if ya have one. :-)
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode