Hello From British Columbia - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Hello From British Columbia

Hi ....While my first bike was a 1974 Yam 650 that I bought in 1980, this is my first Roadstar class...I recently purchased a 2000,1600cc Yam Silverado. Got it from an estate sale (sad) and the previous owner had loads of extras and chrome added. 53000 km which is low for this year around here ( we ride 8-10 months of the year). Bought it mid Sept so haven't had it out on the open highway for a long run yet. New tires and rearbrakes new oil & plugs were about the only thing I had to change. K&N oil filter just needed cleaning. While in getting the tires changed the dealer ran the vin # and I subsequently had the transmission warranty work done for FREE which included new rings,gaskets,oil and new parts in the trans. I just added $150 and had the valves done just to be on the safe side. Now it's ready for spring and a road trip. I get a fair amount of daily riding but only short hops. Itchin for a multi day excursion. Well that's all for now. Thanks for having me.

Last edited by Edge; 11-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 07:47 AM

canvmax

Hi, this is Mike Hunter, who formerly published Power Sport News in Canada - did you see the publication?

I have recently semi-retired to my home country, UK, and am bringing over my 05 V-Max. I miss BC and the wonderful chicks I used to photo - am eager to get back into it on UK.

How are things in BC?

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode