Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Greetings from new Minnesota Rider

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Packerjim 
#1 ·
Hi there, my name is Jeremiah. I had a couple dirtbikes when I was a teenager, but completely new to street motorcycles. I just got a new v-star 950. I've also signed up for the MSF beginners course this spring to learn some basics before trying out my new bike.

We just got about a foot of snow dumped on us yesterday which is making it hard to daydream about motorcycles. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome on board Jeremiah! Hopefully spring will arrive early this year, but I got to ride with my friends last weekend. It was a short ride on salty and wet roads, but still a lot of fun after a long 1.5-month break!

MSF is definitely worth it. Took mine at Harley dealership and it was great! Just remember the trend of these days is that you have to drive for everybody since less and less people are able to drive...

#5 ·
Welcome Jeremiah. Your driveway looks a lot like mine here on the east coast of Canada (we're getting that same storm today). But I look at it this way - the days are getting longer. Spring is right around the corner!

I was the same way - riding dirt bikes when I was a kid. Tried a sport bike 25 years ago and it was fun but then life happened and I had to give up my toys. I missed riding though and finally convinced my wife (er...wore her down) and bought a VStar 1100 in Nov 2016 (that was a long winter so I can relate to your situation). Last summer I put 7500 miles on it and rekindled the passion. My wife had never been on a bike before and really enjoys it too.

You're gonna love your new ride and this is the best forum to learn all about it and share stories with like-minded people. Ride safe!

#8 ·
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Congrats on new bike. Ride often and safe.

Reactions: Keith Post
#9 ·
Welcome to the forum! You will learn quite a bit here! The rider course is great. I took it and it sure has helped, I too grew up with dirt bikes and racing, but riding on the road is a lot different than riding dirt bikes lol. Spring is right around the corner!

Reactions: Keith Post
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.