Old star owner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By Steve from Pa
  • 2 Post By KCW
  • 2 Post By Scrumdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Old star owner

Hello All - from Western Pa here, just purchased a used 2005 v star.
Two tone black and raspberry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Garage
Welcome from Houston, Texas. What size Vstar? Any pictures to share? Make sure and check out the Bike of the Month thread:

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

A few more interesting threads :

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ighlight=Yammy

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...where-you.html

Ride safe and often.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

I guess it's a plain Jane custom v star 1100 of some kind.
I don't know much about the different models. I sold my dang firebird last fall to upgrade our motorcycle, from our old XJ1100 to something a little nicer.

I really liked the Red on Black, the paint and chrome was still very nice and only has 8900 miles......and the wife liked it.
KCW, KCW, Scrumdown and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 PM

Garage
Sounds like a nice bike. On A Vstar as a general rule the Classic has footboards and the Custom has footpegs. There are other differences but boards or pegs are easy for me to remember. Having a wife that likes the bike is a big plus. Do you do much two up riding? With only 8900 miles is just broke in.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Ok so maybe it's a classic as it has floorboards - which I like much better the pegs, also has the rivets/ studs all around the seats and bags which I don't see on a lot around here.

Yep, found out if he wife dont like it I can do it but she aint going to get involved so big plus for to like riding, she not interested it driving she "just wants to set back and relax". I'm not sure how much we will ride. We had motorcycle or two before kids, now the kids are grown and out of the house, my wife wanted to buy a bike, I tried to talk her out of it, as I really didn't think we would use it very much with us both having a lot of things going on. She was persistent and after turning several down, she found a old but pretty nice 83 XJ1100 for $750 - I though well its only $750 we buy it drive it a couple times and then it will sit for a couple years, no big deal.......but we both ended up liking to ride again, maybe even more than when we were younger.
We sold my spare car a bright yellow formula firebird (that my wife hated) so we could buy a nicer better riding bike. I've only test driven this one about 10 miles in the cold here but seems to ride way better that the old XJ.
I'm guessing we'll put on a couple thousand miles a year at the most, but probably depends on how much she likes the ride of this one.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 PM

Garage
My wife likes to ride also. Our first date was on a bike. Went about 10 years without one during the kids and life stuff. Got my Vstar about 4 years ago. Last year we are on a day ride of about 400 miles and my son calls me, I have Bluetooth. He said he thought Mom was with me on the bike. I said she was. He tells me he is sending him picture text. Come to find out she is sitting back there taking pictures and sending them to him. I quess you could say she if very comfortable riding on the back. By the way, driver / passenger bluetooth are great for us. Much better than a poke or slap on the helmet when she's ready for a bathroom break. Plus I stream music, sometimes I hate listening to my thoughts. 😵

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 09:14 PM
KCW

Garage
You don't need all that blue teeth stuff.

Tell your wife to put her arms around you, and if she wants you to go faster, to squeeze you tight!
Scrumdown and Scrumdown like this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 09:58 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Would love to see some pics of your ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 03:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
I hate listening to my thoughts. 😵
I love my thoughts and the voices all get along.
I am the only who likes me ALL THE TIME. Others seem to tolerate me.
lesblank and lesblank like this.

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 03:42 PM

Is an Old Star anything like a Vstar or a Roas Star ? :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode