New member - Venture - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 13Likes
  • 6 Post By GARider
  • 2 Post By bevo1981
  • 2 Post By jbasile
  • 2 Post By KCW
  • 4 Post By GARider
  • 4 Post By lesblank
  • 6 Post By GARider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

New member - Venture

Everyone I bought the venture this past Saturday and already have 200 miles on it. Rides great.
The only issue I have is the Nav system states not ready something I am trying to looking into but it looks like a trip to the dealer.
Not sure if it was some setting I selected because it worked for the first few days and stopped after I made a few new settings. I put or I think I put the settings back but apparently not. Anyway so far smooth powerful ride. I love the looks. It doesn't have as much storage in the saddles as the Vulcan Voyger but has plenty of room in the actual trunk. Also it doesn't have a engine temperature gauge or at least I haven't found it yet might be an engine light on the dash. The heated seats and grips get really hot on high. Anyway sorry for jumping around, I will post more when I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

we have a forum for you
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 07:40 AM

Congrats on your new ride. Awesome touring bike. Let us know what you find out on the NAV system.

2008 Harley FLHTCU Electraglide
2008 V-Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:18 AM

Garage
Welcome! Love to see some pics of your Venture. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 08:24 AM
KCW

Garage
HAs to be a great bike - what are your plans?

Head west or head south and keep going till you get back home?

I have put 27,000 miles on my VS 650 = one lap around the Earth, but so far I have never ridden more than 200 miles from home. I plan to ride further this year.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. once I hear back from Yamaha I will let you know about the nav. I am thinking this a registration thing since everything else works and the map follows me. I will post some pictures soon of the bike. Headed to the Tail of the dragon next weekend than first service. Love that road. When It's not crowded.
Anyway put another 100 miles on it today and still like the response and power this bike has and I haven't gotten on it yet. Thats after break in. I like the balance this bike has and the way it turns.
Also everyone I have been told I need to name my bike so I am looking for a name, any suggestions?
I have some videos that I will post as well of me riding thru Atl crazy traffic and some unprofessional drivers.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 07:17 PM

Garage
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Please post all good and bad about your bike. There has been a lot of discussion here but no real butt time. We have a forum for you to add to, just start a new thread and fill us in.

Venture/Eluder - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

StarBikeForums Bike of the Month - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...where-you.html

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ighlight=Yammy

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...enced-you.html

Ride often and safe.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Hey everyone I am jumping over to the venture/eluder forum. But wanted to post here that I went to one of the dealers in the area that had a demo day for the venture and spoke to a few of the corp guys about the nav system issue. The issue is after speaking with them they called their tech guy and found a software glich. They are going to have a new update developed this week and hopefully this will fix it. Again I will keep everyone posted.
What was funny was I showed up and started to ask questions and then asked about the nav system. They walk me over to the bike they had I turned it on and then went the nav system and it had the same issue. Lucky me. The Yamaha guy said it wasn't that way the other day I said neither was mine. Hehehe. So I hope this help them solve the issue very soon.
So moral of the story if you buy this new Don't let them update the nav to the new software until they look to see if there was a fix. So if you buy anytime between now and next week check on the software because if the dealer updates the version if will look up the nav until the fix???
What I think happen is when I left the dealer and all was working well it was when I the go home button to my current location. Once this was set I was locked out of the nav. I can do most function but can't set a destination.
I hope this help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode