Eventual Eluder Buyer - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By TWater
  • 1 Post By lesblank
  • 1 Post By Yamaha Pat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Eventual Eluder Buyer

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello to everybody. I currently ride a 2014 Stratoliner. I thought that was a great bike until I took a ride on the Eluder at the Demo Days Yamaha put on at a nearby dealer last week. I couldn't believe how smooth it was compared to the Strat. The double counter balancers really make a difference. I liked everything about the bike. Like my Strat, I especially liked the size of it. I am 6'5" and most bikes don't fit me.

I retired last year but my former company wants me back at double the pay! Perfect, I will work for 6 months for enough cash to buy the Eluder.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 09:21 PM

Garage
Hi Tom!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. The Eluder looks like itís quite a ride. I sat on one at a demo ride day. When you purchase it, please share some pics with us. The Strat is also a great bike. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWater View Post
Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello to everybody. I currently ride a 2014 Stratoliner. I thought that was a great bike until I took a ride on the Eluder at the Demo Days Yamaha put on at a nearby dealer last week. I couldn't believe how smooth it was compared to the Strat. The double counter balancers really make a difference. I liked everything about the bike. Like my Strat, I especially liked the size of it. I am 6'5" and most bikes don't fit me.

I retired last year but my former company wants me back at double the pay! Perfect, I will work for 6 months for enough cash to buy the Eluder.

Tom
I'd say that my SVTC (same engine as the Eluder...) is about as smooth, as my 2008 GL1800 was. There simply is no vibration pitch in the grips, the floorboards, and the seat of my pants. This is my first V-Twin ever...so I'd be interested to go on a demo ride on a Harley, and see what kind of vibrations and shaking, their M8 puts out. Would be interesting to compare the two V-Twins...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:01 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
I'd say that my SVTC (same engine as the Eluder...) is about as smooth, as my 2008 GL1800 was. There simply is no vibration pitch in the grips, the floorboards, and the seat of my pants. This is my first V-Twin ever...so I'd be interested to go on a demo ride on a Harley, and see what kind of vibrations and shaking, their M8 puts out. Would be interesting to compare the two V-Twins...
I have had the opportunity to ride both bikes. My wife actually owns a M8 bike. I have also been on the 103ci Harley. I own the previous version of the 113ci with my Raider. The Eluder/Venture is very smooth in the handlebar "shake test" I did not feel that is is as smooth as my Goldwing, but I cannot see how any V-Twin would be. The 103 Harley has a lot of shake in the handlebars at idle (This was on a Street Glide). My wife's SG with the M8 has about half the shake of the previous gen SG. My Raider has more vibration at speed than her Harley does. The mirrors on the Raider are pretty much useless under accel due to vibration. At idle it has vibration but not as much as the SG. My wife also has a 10 Fatboy. It has almost no vibration at idle due to how the engine is mounted in a softail frame. The Eluder has (Again in my opinion) about the same shake as the Fatboy at idle, but is smoother on accel than any of the V-Twins mentioned above. Now the shake/vibration at idle is quelled more on the Eluder due to the rubber mounted handlebars. I was using my buttometer to judge vibration at that point because Hard mounted and rubber mounted handlebars are not a fair comparison. I want to ride an Indian Springfield to see what it is like. That is my next test ride.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
I have had the opportunity to ride both bikes. My wife actually owns a M8 bike. I have also been on the 103ci Harley. I own the previous version of the 113ci with my Raider. The Eluder/Venture is very smooth in the handlebar "shake test" I did not feel that is is as smooth as my Goldwing, but I cannot see how any V-Twin would be. The 103 Harley has a lot of shake in the handlebars at idle (This was on a Street Glide). My wife's SG with the M8 has about half the shake of the previous gen SG. My Raider has more vibration at speed than her Harley does. The mirrors on the Raider are pretty much useless under accel due to vibration. At idle it has vibration but not as much as the SG. My wife also has a 10 Fatboy. It has almost no vibration at idle due to how the engine is mounted in a softail frame. The Eluder has (Again in my opinion) about the same shake as the Fatboy at idle, but is smoother on accel than any of the V-Twins mentioned above. Now the shake/vibration at idle is quelled more on the Eluder due to the rubber mounted handlebars. I was using my buttometer to judge vibration at that point because Hard mounted and rubber mounted handlebars are not a fair comparison. I want to ride an Indian Springfield to see what it is like. That is my next test ride.
When I say smooth as my 2008 Wing...I should have then put it this way, while you feel the power pulse of the engine, (of which I and my wife are very much enjoying as part of the ride), it is not perceived as a high pitch and constant 'vibration' that would cause you any sort of rider fatigue, whether it comes through your hands, your behind, or your feet, with any contact on the bike.

In this better description and comparing my traded in GL1800, Gold Wing with the SVTC, there is the same 'non-impacting on the rider and co-rider' LACK of a high pitched buzzing and vibration that is then absent on BOTH the SVTC, and the GoldWing. I guess this better defines my usage statement.

Cheers,
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:44 PM

Garage
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...ms-bike-month/

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...ighlight=Yammy

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...where-you.html

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...enced-you.html

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...ature-you.html

Ride often and safe.
Keith Post likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 10:32 PM

Welcome to the forum from Sacramento ca.
Keith Post likes this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode