Greetings from Toronto - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 17
Greetings from Toronto

Hi folks, new to this forum. I am a long-time rider with a 2006 Roadliner that I bought as NOS in August. This is my second Yamaha, having been the proud owner of an '04 V-Star 1100 Classic that I had set up very nicely and sold to acquire the Liner. I love the big twin and find it an excellent handling, not to mention hugely powerful bike. I added a lot of equipment to "strato-ize" it (bags, shield, backrests), and will continue to modify it to my liking as my budget allows. Hope to use this forum as I do others- mostly to learn, and on the rare occasion where the possibility exists, share anything I have learned!

-Caper

Last edited by Caper; 01-04-2010 at 05:02 AM. Reason: ungarble
Caper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 29
From Cape Breton??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper View Post
Hi folks, new to this forum. I am a long-time rider with a 2006 Roadliner that I bought as NOS in August. This is my second Yamaha, having been the proud owner of an '04 V-Star 1100 Classic that I had set up very nicely and sold to acquire the Liner. I love the big twin and find it an excellent handling, not to mention hugely powerful bike. I added a lot of equipment to "strato-ize" it (bags, shield, backrests), and will continue to modify it to my liking as my budget allows. Hope to use this forum as I do others- mostly to learn, and on the rare occasion where the possibility exists, share anything I have learned!

-Caper
Greetings to a fellow Canadian! Just noticed your signature and wondering if you are from Cape Breton??
Tobiquer is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 17
From the Cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiquer View Post
Greetings to a fellow Canadian! Just noticed your signature and wondering if you are from Cape Breton??
Yes, b'ye! I was born and raised in Glace Bay. A proud Caper, just had my nic embroidered into my new Ultimate seat! And what's your father's name? lol

-Caper
3rd Officer, Road Captain
All Canadian Riders Club
Durham Chapter 001
http://www.allcanadianridersclub.ca
Caper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper View Post
Yes, b'ye! I was born and raised in Glace Bay. A proud Caper, just had my nic embroidered into my new Ultimate seat! And what's your father's name? lol

-Caper
3rd Officer, Road Captain
All Canadian Riders Club
Durham Chapter 001
http://www.allcanadianridersclub.ca
I'm a New Brunswicker married to a Newfoundlander but I know lots of Capers, several from Glace Bay (Hines, Chernin, McNeil's, Evasuk, Ellis just a few names that come to mind from university days).

Nice to meet a fellow Maritimer here!
Tobiquer is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Caper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 17
Same here. And those are very familiar names! Love the East Coast, hope I make Bikefest down in the Cape this summer or next, be good to ride more there.

-Caper
3rd Officer, Road Captain
All Canadian Riders Club
Durham Chapter 001
http://www.allcanadianridersclub.ca
Caper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome