Newbie - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Hey Guys, I'm new but I'm NOT a Road Star owner. I have a very good friend that has a 2000 Road Star Millennia Edition that he wants to sell. He's Canadian and just went home, so he left me the title and keys for it and asked me to sell it. It's loaded with aftermarket chrome and Silverado accessories. His wife ditched it 3 weeks ago, so it has a few nicks and dents. It was checked by Iron City Cycles here in Lake Wales, Florida and deemed just fine to ride. The owner offered him a deal on trading it and John declined. Seems the owner wanted to ride it for a while himself. Anyway, he's asking $3,500 or best offer. The caveat is that you have to come here to look at it. If you're interested, please send me a PM and I can send photos. If you want something specifically photographed, let me know. It has 69,671 kilometers or 45,292 miles on it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:44 AM
KCW

Garage
Chuzz, that is great of you to sell the bike for your Canadian friend.

Now that you have posted in the new member intro forum you should also be able to post mostly the same info in the Classified/for sale section. People looking for a bike will be more inclined to look there.

If you take some photos you can also post them here directly, but they will be a bit small, or post them on a photo hosting site and put an img link to the URLs. People are going to want to see how bad it was banged up from being dropped.

A lot of bikes in the $3k to $5k range also sell on craigslist, but you have to deal with the scammers and people who want the bike for free.
Keith Post likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:10 PM

Garage
KCW is absolutely correct Chuzz, I admire you taking on the task, but youíre going to be flooded with questions about any and all unseen damage, and if youíre not that familiar with the bike and itís history directly, youíll have a tall hill to climb. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode