New Purchase: 18í Star Venture TC - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 12Likes
  • 5 Post By jodno58
  • 1 Post By lesblank
  • 1 Post By Keith Post
  • 1 Post By Yamaha Pat
  • 1 Post By NorthernRider
  • 1 Post By KCW
  • 1 Post By Cliffieg
  • 1 Post By GreenMtnHunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up New Purchase: 18í Star Venture TC

New to the blog; previous ride 06í FLHXI (Street Glide) w/ King Tour PAC, Tour Seat, w/ tons of bolt on perf. parts & bolt on goodies. Just purchased a new 18í (0 mile) Granite Gray SVTC. Got a Sweet Deal, $19,999 from Adam @ Burleson Powersports in Burleson,TX. Rode it 100 miles after purchase to scuff tires & do a soft break-in for the 500+ miles ride home the next day! It was a good ride, overcast most of the way till I got to W Texas & SE NM then it got hot. What I enjoyed about the SVTC was itís smooth engine, nice rumble exhaust, adj windshield, awesome mirror placement & many electronic features Iíve yet to master. Bike was comfortable w/ nicely laid out controls. I missed my back rest, heel shifter & hi-way pegs (will have to remedy these). The heat on my left thigh was a little uncomfortable (will have to find heat shield, like I did for my H-D) itís an air cooled V Twin thing. The adj. air vents are really nice & functional, when closed provide a nice buffer free zone & when fully open blast you with too much air & anywhere in between. I was riding 85 mph (2750 rpm) most of the way & achieved 40+ mpg. The low red line takes some getting use to, I bumped the gov. several times when running thru the gears. I got a lot of positive comments every time I stopped (mainly for the styling features) & thumbs up on the street & hi-way. Took my wife to lunch the next day and she likes the bike, noting that it needs arm rests & the seat back wasnít very supportive. She liked the seating & floor board positions, the passenger storage for cell phone & other small necessities. Luggage capacity seems larger to me (will let you know when I transfer everything over) than the H-D King Tour PAC & saddle bags. Looking at aftermarket accessories, thereís not a lot out there, mainly a few manufactures parts (will have to adapt universal parts, I guess).
Looking forward to providing future post as I unpeel the many features of the bike!
I can honestly say Iím a converted V Twin owner, Yamaha put lots of thought into its design & it shows!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC9A8ACD-CF64-40D4-8047-27FFA95F1010.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	84682   Click image for larger version

Name:	65D5C0A6-E45A-4AC3-B270-EFE69373F85E.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	84684   Click image for larger version

Name:	8C89FE88-CCA1-4942-B6E0-E5B34F439D6D.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	84686  
Keith Post, KCW, Cliffieg and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Garage
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Nice ride you bought. Are you from Texas or just had to come to our great state to buy your new bike? Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...on-garage.html

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...ighlight=Yammy

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...where-you.html

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...enced-you.html

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...ature-you.html

Ride often and safe.
Keith Post likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:40 PM

Garage
Hi jodno58!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Very nice intro and with a pic too. We have several SVTC owners and Iím sure theyíll be glad to welcome you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 09:31 PM

Welcome from Sacramento, Ca.
Keith Post likes this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 05:08 AM

Garage
Welcome from Atlantic Canada.Nice looking bike. Like Keith said, there are quite a few SVTC owners here and they all echo your positive impressions of their rides. If you have any questions just ask and I'm sure someone will have an answer for you.
Keith Post likes this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 07:15 AM
KCW

Garage
really nice - your experience is typical for new SVTC owners, including the hot air on your leg.

once you get use to having a back rest, there is no going back to the bar-stool profile of riding :^)
Keith Post likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:49 PM

Welcome and congratulations from Belton, Tx!
Keith Post likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:01 AM

Garage
Congratulations and good morning from the New England! I have owned mine for a week; were you permitted to help with or observe the build? Be sure those "ankle vents" are open - huge difference. I have also found that in my chaps, I don't feel the heat....
Welcome to the forum.
Rich
Keith Post likes this.

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode