New member - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by erock View Post
I have tried three times to load pics, and even went out and took more. Every time, it says that the file is too large. I guess it has to be about the size of a postage stamp to accept it. I've reduced resolution more each time I took a new group of pics. Wow. Anyways, that said, what can I tell you about this windscreen ?? I would even be receptive to a personal Email at [email protected] for the time being. Still working on setting up account details. This is just day two for me here. I'm trying my best to figure out the quirks of another forum. I am absolutely SOLD on this windscreen. This is my third one on my bikes. I won't even look at another option. The center vent is a MUST. I went wider and went with the 20" version. I'm 5'10", and it works out great. If you prefer to look "through" yours, the wind noise and buffeting completely disappear !! My preference also is.....go tinted !! Sorry I couldn't help with pics. My private Email account will accommodate those though !! Thanks. -Eric

Eric, several people on the side use an app called Tapatalk. I'm not a huge fan of apps but if you use Tapatalk you can upload very large graphic images - for some reason. The other thing I have done is use a site called https://resizeimage.net/. If you upload your image, you can get it resized pretty easily. I tend to go to Area 4 on the page and try sizes in the 640 x 480 size to get the image under 192 mg (or whatever the size restriction is).
Save that file to my HD and then I seem to be able to upload. Using resizeimage I changed pictures from something in the range of 4000 x 2640 down to a size where it uploads to the site and looks decent with about 4 clicks of the mouse. might be worth trying. Also, resizeimage deletes your pictures after an hour.

Anyway, I'll be sending you an email and you can shoot me pictures of that windshield. The screen on my bike is OEM Yamaha and 25 inches tall. I'll say this, it blocks the wind but I decided I am not a fan of looking through it. I am 5' 10" as well but tall from the waist up. Lesblank helped me measure and I might go one up from yours in height but I have also heard installing lowers can reduce buffeting.
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Garage
To post larger pictures I use imgbb
https://imgbb.com
Just open, start upload, choose picture, upload, copy full bb code. Paste in thread. There is not a limit size restriction. Try it and let me know how it works for you.
Keith Post likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:10 AM

Garage
I use ImgBB to post pics here. It's a free file hosting site. Just go there, upload the pic, select full BB code from the options, then copy and paste the link to your post. The picture will be full sized and you won't have any size constraints.
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:05 AM

Garage
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Lots of good info on here and many willing to share ideas, thoughts and talents. Stay safe out there!
Keith Post likes this.

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:55 PM

My dad got a new Strat a couple years ago after an inattentive soccer mom took out his v star 1800. Told me a Stratoliner will be his last bike, even if he meets that soccer mom again. Absolutely loves it. Enjoy!
Keith Post likes this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old Today, 07:36 PM

Garage
Welcome from East Tennessee!
Sounds like a great looking ride, looking forward to seeing some pics once you get them to upload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in