Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

'06 V Star 1100

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  KCW 
#1 ·
Back in the saddle from an 11-year hiatus.

Picked up this '06 V Star 1100 w/10,000 miles for $1,700. Bike is in perfect condition with all the scheduled maintenance records.

Looking forward to some fun cruises in the Colorado mountains.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice looking bike and it sounds like you got a great deal on it. You have one of the most dependable bikes out there.

I also got back into riding on an 1100 and it was the perfect bike for it. I've since moved on to a different ride but I still hang out here with this great bunch of people I've come to think of as friends. If you have any problems, concerns, or questions about your bike, or if you just want to chat about riding or almost anything else, this is the place to be.

#3 ·
that is a great deal on the bike

its good for at least another 90,000 miles on the odo.... so 2¢ per mile for the bike

#5 ·
Much thanks everyone!

I kinda stumbled on to the deal and happened to be the first one to respond on Craigslist. She put it up for sale for $2,900...I went to go take a look at it and was amazed at how well she took care of it. I sent her an offer of $1,700 a few hours later thinking we would work something out in the middle and much to my shock she said yes to my offer. Came with a cover, battery tender and all of the maintenance records from the local Yamaha dealership. All of the maintenance was done based on the service intervals and I couldn't be happier.

I just love the V Star 1100. Light and nimble enough for taking it around town and just fine for some cruising up in the mountains.

#6 ·
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined. The 1100 is a great bike, congratulations. Ride often and safe.

#9 ·
It is funny how that stuff works. I have learned to get what you want not what others think you want. In April i sold my 1800 VTX. I almost bought a honda sabre 1100 instead. Same price with only 12000 miles. I saw this bike first and went and looked at it last spring. The guy put the battery in it and it spewed gas out of the carb. I loved all the extras on this bike like chrome fender caps and the bags. I looked up the bags and with the mounts are $900. !/2 what you payed for your bike. He had the carbs rebuilt so i went back and bought it. Long story short i wanted a 1100 classic 10 years ago when i bought my 1800 VTX. Don't regret the 1800 but getting older i love the 1100. I put 4x more miles on the 1100 than i did in the last 2 years with the 1800.

#10 ·
the Vstar 1100 is by far the most popular and most sold model from the Yamaha Vstar line.

there is a poll on the forum here of which bike riders have

Reactions: Keith Post
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.