Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New Guy

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Redbird58 
#1 ·
Awaiting the delivery of my new Impact Blue VentureTC. Dealer says sometime next month, so figured I'd dial in on what you guys have learned about them in the past 2 years.
I must admit I wasn't looking forward to giving up Stratoliner Deluxe, because I really LOVE that bike, but the wife really liked the larger back seats of the full touring bikes. Had almost convinced myself on the Indian Chieftain but the news of the new Venture a couple of years ago, and the $10k cheaper price tag saved me.
I am a "bagger" guy. Just like the looks of that style of bike. Thus my love for my Strat, so I kept putting it off telling my wife they didn't come in a color I liked. One of my sons was pushing me to upgrade too. He has a Star 1100 and really wanted that Strat.
I had been doing so well holding them off until I took the Strat into my dealer for service back in July and in idle conversation with the owner, ask what colors for the Venture in 2020? When he showed me the new Impact Blue, I knew the gig was up. I told him to put my name on the first TC to come through the door, and began planning my trip to Virginia to deliver the Strat to my son.
Best 2 weeks of my riding life. 1400 miles from Texas doing and going where ever I wanted and some great rides spending time with my sons when I got there.
Had to fly back home knowing the next 90 days with no bike was not going to be fun, but the day is fast approaching for the Venture to arrive, so I'm hoping it will be worth the wait.
Looking forward to learning the ups and downs for you experienced Venture / Eluder guys in the future...

Clayton

See less See more
#3 ·
Reactions: Keith Post
#6 ·
When you get the new bike post pictures of your smile before riding...then post one after riding..then we will get to see the pure joy of how you feel about this bike...remember the bugs you take in are pure protein... Welcome from Columbus, OH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.