Roadliner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Roadliner

Long time motorcycle rider interested in ideas and gatherings. I live in SC where we can ride year round, and have easy access to the mountains and the beach. I have a Yamaha Roadliner 1900 which is my 11th bike. I have 2 windshields for it, one a small cut down version of the original that i use in warm months and the other is the medium to better cut the wind. I do like the short one with a full face helmet as it is somewhat like a sport bike. My previous bike was a Roadstar which i found really lacked power for the mountains and elsewhere. I have added a K&N air filter to my last couple of bikes finding it gives much better breathing. I'll be looking forward to exchanging ideas with others here on this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ROADLINER07-2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	78  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM

Welcome

Hi Curvelover,

I think that name could be applied to most bikers. I have an 06 Stratoliner and think you will be happy with the bike. Surprised you did not think the Roadstar had enough power they are a nice bike. But having said that you do have a nice increase in horsepower and torque. Liner is rated 101 horsepower, 124 ft lbs torque at the engine. At the wheel I see postings anywhere from 85 to 90 horsepower and just over a hundred Ft lbs of torque. Around 107 I think. I think torque is the important number on these lower RPM V Twin motors. Some of the riders that push it hard only get eight thousand miles or less on a rear tire. I get ten to twelve K on my rear tire.

Liners also have an improved balance front to rear and lower balance.

You talked about changing air filter. There is a Big Air package for it. I understand there is a substantial increase in power. Although I wonder sometimes because the HP postings I see don't vary much. There will be a big increase in intake noise if you open up the air intake. Some use washers to replace the top cover and hold in the air filter. Leaving off the top cover frees up air flow. This would be a low cost test you could do and be able to back up if the noise is to much.

Look at some of the postings in the Liner section of this site.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode