new rider - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

new rider

Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a v star 950. This is my first bike and i'm here to learn anything i can. Lots of mods i want to do. I have been wanting a bike as long as i can remember. I bought this bike after doing lots of research online reading reviews of this bike as well as many others. I decided on this one and called up and got approved for a loan through my bank. I called the dealership and said here's what i want when can i get it. The next day i went to the dealership for the first time and picked up my bike without ever having seen it or done any test riding. call me crazy, but i couldn't be more happy with it.

Last edited by pyth0n; 01-12-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:24 PM

Congrats on your new ride! Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of knowledge that is shared here, a bunch of good folks. Be sure to be active and make the forum the best it can be. Enjoy.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 PM

Thumbs up Weclome python

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyth0n View Post
Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a v star 950. This is my first bike and i'm here to learn anything i can. Lots of mods i want to do. I have been wanting a bike as long as i can remember. I bought this bike after doing lots of research online reading reviews of this bike as well as many others. I decided on this one and called up and got approved for a loan through my bank. I called the dealership and said here's what i want when can i get it. The next day i went to the dealership for the first time and picked up my bike without ever having seen it or done any test riding. call me crazy, but i couldn't be more happy with it.
I'm also a proud owner of a 950.
Doing any mods to your is going to be alittle difficult due to the fact that this model as I'm sure your aware is new to the the yamaha stable,but over there you should have to much trouble.
If you can check out the guy's at west end motorsports Mike & Al on the net,they're great guy's & very helpful.(mention me kiwi)
good & safe riding bro

Last edited by Kiroo; 01-13-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 AM

Hi,My age is 30.I am interested in riding sports bike from last 2 years and I have also took part in my college race.At that time i got first runner up rank and i got trophy for my rank.Tell me the best bike for me which have well and good tire gripe and it have good pickup.???
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 03:49 PM

Jhonywillsh
Bro sorry to say,but I think your a racer, not a pacer.
Going from a sports bike to a cruiser is going to be a culture shock.
The weight distribution,handle is different,they are designed for cruising.
Don't get me wrong but I have seen some cruiser riders take on some really wicked stuff,over there I believe you have more open road riding conditions.
Take a look at a custom cruiser,good luck & safe riding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode