39000 on my v star custom need help - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

39000 on my v star custom need help

my name is matthew ,have to get my kid to post a pic of the bike on here ,im not to good at this stuff,been riding sense 2000 on a v star custom ,started in Indiana ,iv road all over the country ,to the Atlantic ,pacific ,and 3 great lakes ,key west ,blue ridge mountains ,hy 66, I LOVE TO RIDE , never wanted another bike ,if this one goes down ill get another just like it , never did any modifications to it other than mirrors an sissy bar ,led lights for night riding ,love the way it sounds ,nice an quite , have it on the jack now changing tires an doing the tune up that was suggested.never liked messin with the cabs or anything that effects the motor .do every thing else myself ,my wife named my bike a few years back she calls it my redheaded bitch ,the name stuck so i refer to it as her a lot ,i live in the ohio vally ,fish the ohio river a lot an ride in west virginia and PA, go to Pittsburgh quite a bit ,dont like riding over their though unless i can get out fast,my first rally was the thunder at the pentagon ,have a few favorites i ride every year, united way,ride for kids -all my friends ride Harleys i tell them its ok though, one day they can get a bike as nice as mine and im sorry they are jealous, turnd 39.740 miles befor the salt hit the road here ,cant wait for spring , always ride solo ,this is my way of peace an quit. to just ride . thanks everyone for the info

Last edited by matthew; 03-02-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: love to just ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Garage
Backfiring and misfiring are one or more of these things.

1. improper ignition or malfunction. 2. lean fuel mixture. 3. worn or defective spark plugs. 4. incorrect carburetor adjustment. basically it needs a tune up.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

when is the last time the carb had a good cleaning?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 04:22 PM

Wait, is this a new member introduction? Because I don't see much that looks like an introduction, and I damn sure don't see the required new member introduction pics of your ride.

But I do think I see a clear violation of the rule against help questions on the first post!

What's that you say? There are no such rules and everything I just said is BS?

Well there oughta be a law!

But welcome anyway :-)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Garage
Miescha, you think I should get the book of newb out and state the law?

@Matthew, welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit more about you excluding your bike issues for the time being . As you can see there's great folks on here that are always willing to help; others like to rib a bit .

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Yep, corsair needs to lay down the law.

Farmall has you covered though - time for a tune-up. You'll have that bike running perfect again in no time!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

just wrote a novel about myself this thing keeps sayn i need 10 characters what the h

1234567678890CDSZDEHT%FR^%HG B;';-?LKVBFD7YTWVDHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
my name is matthew ,have to get my kid to post a pic of the bike on here ,im not to good at this stuff,been riding sense 2000 on a v star custom ,started in Indiana ,iv road all over the country ,to the Atlantic ,pacific ,and 3 great lakes ,key west ,blue ridge mountains ,hy 66, I LOVE TO RIDE , never wanted another bike ,if this one goes down ill get another just like it , never did any modifications to it other than mirrors an sissy bar ,led lights for night riding ,love the way it sounds ,nice an quite , have it on the jack now changing tires an doing the tune up that was suggested.never liked messin with the cabs or anything that effects the motor .do every thing else myself ,my wife named my bike a few years back she calls it my redheaded bitch ,the name stuck so i refer to it as her a lot ,i live in the ohio vally ,fish the ohio river a lot an ride in west virginia and PA, go to Pittsburgh quite a bit ,dont like riding over their though unless i can get out fast,my first rally was the thunder at the pentagon ,have a few favorites i ride every year, united way,ride for kids -all my friends ride Harleys i tell them its ok though, one day they can get a bike as nice as mine and im sorry they are jealous, turnd 39.740 miles befor the salt hit the road here ,cant wait for spring , always ride solo ,this is my way of peace an quit. to just ride . thanks everyone for the info
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2013, 05:08 PM

Garage
You edited out your FIRST question than quoted it to bottom witch is no characters at all. When you wont to make a post to this thread click reply to thread or click new post to start a new thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode