new member - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chico, ca
Posts: 8
new member

Howdy all from Chico, CA......just signed up after perusing the net for fellow star owners. I just brought my new Silver 09 650 v star classic home yesterday and so far with what I have seen of it, I can't wait until the weather clears to get this fine thing broke in. Look forward to swapping riding stories on here............John
mk20rockeye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Welcome

to the board. New here as well; live in Iowa so I think I will have a little longer wait to get the bike out.

Ride Free, Live united
BG Hawks is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
vstar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 249
glad you got a bike . we all are looking forward to better weather. i am in va and have had snow covered ground since december and cold.

i got out a couple weeks ago for a brief ride in 40 F weather. i just like to keep the fluids recirculating some during the winter. i havent had any problem staring it yet and havent been using a battery tender on it yet.

ride safe, enjoy your bike
vstar23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstar23 View Post
glad you got a bike . we all are looking forward to better weather. i am in va and have had snow covered ground since december and cold.

i got out a couple weeks ago for a brief ride in 40 F weather. i just like to keep the fluids recirculating some during the winter. i havent had any problem staring it yet and havent been using a battery tender on it yet.

ride safe, enjoy your bike
Mr.vstar23, sure sounds like we folks out of the warm places are all in the same boat, huh?

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sugar Bear is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk20rockeye View Post
Howdy all from Chico, CA......just signed up after perusing the net for fellow star owners. I just brought my new Silver 09 650 v star classic home yesterday and so far with what I have seen of it, I can't wait until the weather clears to get this fine thing broke in. Look forward to swapping riding stories on here............John
Your user name is interesting, by any chance are you refering to a mother with a lot of babies?

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sugar Bear is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chico, ca
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Bear 06 View Post
Your user name is interesting, by any chance are you refering to a mother with a lot of babies?
Ha!......I do see where that might come in to pay there. But no, I loaded weapons in the Marine Corps on jets for 8 years. The MK20rockeye, a cluster bomb, was one of my favorites to load. That is where it comes from.
mk20rockeye is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk20rockeye View Post
Ha!......I do see where that might come in to pay there. But no, I loaded weapons in the Marine Corps on jets for 8 years. The MK20rockeye, a cluster bomb, was one of my favorites to load. That is where it comes from.
Sorry, I was a bit tongue in cheek there, the mother was the main body, the babies, all the little bomblets inside, it has been many years since I heard of rockeye, and your name caught my eye, thought maybe they were obsolete now? Glad you joined the forum, be active, post all you can, help the forum grow.

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sugar Bear is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chico, ca
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Bear 06 View Post
Sorry, I was a bit tongue in cheek there, the mother was the main body, the babies, all the little bomblets inside, it has been many years since I heard of rockeye, and your name caught my eye, thought maybe they were obsolete now? Glad you joined the forum, be active, post all you can, help the forum grow.
OH goodness......now I see what you were saying! I feel like a complete ninny now, wasn't expecting anyone on here to know what that was.......I have been proven wrong
mk20rockeye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome