Rider health (for the guys) - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Rider health (for the guys)

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum thing. On my first post the other night, I joked that I got my bike because of the mid life crisis thing because it was easier than finding an 18 year old to date.

The real truth is, I got my bike because I was scared. I had wanted a motorcycle all my life, and in my mind, I didn't know how much longer that life might be.

You see, I had gotten a report from my doctor the fall, that my PSA number had jumped to the high side. My father has been under treatment for prostate cancer, and testicular cancer. My one uncle has had prostate surgery, and my other uncle died from prostate cancer several years ago. So I just kept putting off going for a real check. Any excuse was good enough, work, holiday, my dad's health all kept me from going.

As the months passed, I convinced myself that I really should go, then I really did have issues that kept me from making the appointment.

I went out and bought my bike just about a month before my biopsy was to be done. I didn't want to wait till after I had gotten the bad news, and like the song goes, then start living every day like I was dying.

The biopsy came back negative, and that I was OK. But believe me, I don't plan on putting off my annual check any more.

The reason I'm posting this is to encourage each of you 'brothers' out there to make an appointment and get checked. We all want our wives, girlfriends, sons and daughters to be well, but us guys, we don't take the time to take care of ourselves.

If this is an inappropriate posting, I'll apologize. But if it helps to save just one of you by early detection, then it's OK.

Stay safe,
Darrell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 06:55 PM

Happy for you

Read your profile, you are very young yet. I'm happy for you that it turned out ok. Glad you posted what you did, all should take heed, it sure ain't nothin to mess with, you can die! As Sugar Bear has posted before, life is short, enjoy each day as there may not be another, glad you got your bike, NOW GO RIDE!! and suck up life all you can. Good Luck!!

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:48 PM

Great post guys, i had this last week, great suggestion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Good post .. and good advice. I also had a high PSA count and went through a temporary scare, only to find out it went back down very quickly and all is OK. However, annual checks are the only way to go after 40 --- just a painless little blood test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode