Is this where I go for meetings? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Is this where I go for meetings?

Hi. My name is Dave and I am a Yamaholic.
In 2008 my wife came home one day and told me I needed a bike. Who was I to argue? She came up with some $$ and I came up with a little more and I bought a 2000 V-Star 650 Classic from a co-worker. I put about 6,000 miles on it since then and changed it around quite a bit. You can see some of those changes on my personal website. Just click my name in the signature area. The current changes haven't made it to that website yet, but they will when I start tinkering with it again.

Then, last October I happened to stop out to the local Yamaha dealership to get a couple little things. I made the mistake of looking at an '09 950T they had on the floor. Two days later I was riding it home. I was only able to get about 750 miles on it before the snow really put a damper on my riding conditions here in Iowa.

Now my two bikes are sitting under covers with battery tenders hooked up just waiting for me to take them out again. It's been very tempting to take one of them out when the streets dry up, but all the sand and ice melt salt has kept my mind thinking about dumping one of them, so they sit.

Anyway, there is the important information about my addiction. Other info is I'm 37 years young, been married for a little over 10 years, have two daughters (16 and 10), I work 3rd shift as a warehouse supervisor, and look for any reason to take one of the bikes out. I don't have much of a social life because of working nights, so 99% of my 'friends' are people I know online. Maybe one day I'll get myself back into working days, but for now this works for the family situation.

Well, that's me... that's my introduction post. So, is there any help for being a Yamaholic?

Dave in Iowa
2009 Star 950T Raven
- Cobra Speedster Longs
- Barons BAK (smooth)
- Cobra Fi2000
- Lindby Linbar

Future Additions
- LED Lighting
- Batwing Fairing
- Mustang Seat
- Black out some chrome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:19 PM

Hi Dave,

As a fellow Iowan it maybe a while that we get to ride.

BG Hawks

Ride Free Live United
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to steve1953
dave, check these fairings, he's located in southeast WIS.
http://www.woodysfairings.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode