clutch adjust on 06 650 classic - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

clutch adjust on 06 650 classic

seems like i have to let the clutch out alot on my bike..is there any adjustment to cure this? it has only a little over 8000 miles is all..i wish i had a manual for it but can not find one anywhere..if anyone can help me here i will appreciate it very much...john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM

Clutch adj

I don't know if this will help or not, but maybe point you in the right direction.First try the adj at your clutch lever, it that don't get it, behind the inspection plate on the left side crankcase cover(sitting on it) the clutch cable hooks onto the actual clutch lever, there is a locknut that you can adjust from there, likely the adj on the handlebar lever will take care of you. I'm talkin an old 750 here, but figger the same idea. Hope this helps a bit.( you might think about posting this type question on the V-star forum, probaby get more response)

Ride Safe, Live Long

Last edited by Sugar Bear; 04-05-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Add thought
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Owners manual

John,

You have a cable, they do need adjusted once and a while. You can view your owners manual online and print the pages you need. Go to Star motorcycles dot come. This will get you there select owners manual, then your model and year.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/...home/home.aspx

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner View Post
seems like i have to let the clutch out alot on my bike..is there any adjustment to cure this? it has only a little over 8000 miles is all..i wish i had a manual for it but can not find one anywhere..if anyone can help me here i will appreciate it very much...john
The clutch on the 650 has to be let almost all the way out before it engages. Their are some fixes for it. One is the (Cleaver Lever) and the other is the (Seritec) which is a spring/tube device which works very well. Both have web sites.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 PM

I think thats Clevver lever
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltilt1 View Post
I think thats Clevver lever
Thats a BIG 10-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode