Greetings from Pittsburgh - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Greetings from Pittsburgh

Just picked up a 2009 V-Star 950 at an incredible price. Have been riding for the past 10 years on a 1980 Honda CX500, waiting for the right replacement to come along. I saw the 950 when buying oil at a local dealership and was impressed. Only have @200 miles on her so far, but I love it. Plenty of power for me, and lots of style! As soon as the backrest and bags get here, I can start touring with my better half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 02:47 PM

Nice bike! i just joined as well, and i must say that you will love the bags if you get them! i just bought the touring 950 and i dont know what i would do without the bags already! nice color too!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Good to know

I would have preferred the Touring model ($1000 more. $3500 if you buy the stuff yourself!) but I could not find one in my price range and I saved enough on the standard to offset it. Plus, I can now use any backrest and windshield.

For bags though, I dropped the coin on genuine Star bags because nothing else looked as good or was as well designed. I don't really care about quick release because I always need a place for my stuff!

I ordered a Cobra backrest, again, no need to pay for a quick release because my wife is on the bike often. I am using an older windshield that I had from my previous bike until I get a tax refund and can get something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchvalve View Post
I would have preferred the Touring model ($1000 more. $3500 if you buy the stuff yourself!) but I could not find one in my price range and I saved enough on the standard to offset it. Plus, I can now use any backrest and windshield.

For bags though, I dropped the coin on genuine Star bags because nothing else looked as good or was as well designed. I don't really care about quick release because I always need a place for my stuff!

I ordered a Cobra backrest, again, no need to pay for a quick release because my wife is on the bike often. I am using an older windshield that I had from my previous bike until I get a tax refund and can get something else.
I can relate to that, I wanted a stratoliner but I found my roadliner for such a good deal that it offset enough that I could buy the accessories that I wanted . I did go with the yamaha qr backrest which was a bit pricey so I just financed it in with the bike but everything else I ordered all aftermarket. I was able to save enough on the bike to get exhaust, memphis shades windshield, corbin seat and a whole mess of kuryakyn goodies. I spent about 3 grand on goodies and just kissed 10 all together.

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 01:11 PM

Welcome from Utah... from an old Pittsburgh Guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode