Mustang seat vs. Stock - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Mustang seat vs. Stock

Hi, I am new to this site, just bought a v-star 1100 2005 with 6500 miles on it. Wife and I are getting ready to go on a 2400 mile round trip from Colorado to Missouri , and I don't find the seat real comfy. I am looking at a Mustang daytripper deluxe does anyone have any suggestions for seats. Also would take any advice on long trips this will be our first. Thanks,
Joe

Joe 2005 V-Star 1100
Raven black and Liquid gold
Western Colorado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 PM

Seats

Joe,

There have many posts on this subject. You mignt take a look at some of the old posts.

It is not as simple as buying a new seat and solving everything. I have the two peace Mustang ride seat, passenger seat and back rest. I did not get the rider back rest. It might of helped some. The passenger seat is a big improvement over stock. The rider seat is some better. I prefer the two peace Mustang seat to the one peace. I believe it is as good as any seat you can get. There are other options, including getting your seat customized.

Sitting in the same position long periods of time and posture are still the same. Lambs wool helps. Risers or handlebars can change your posture. Wind buffeting is still there. Just riding some and toughening up a bit will help a lot, More than most.

The wife will get tired sooner than you if she complains listen or you will be riding alone next trip.

Cruisers have a look and feel. the handlebars are wide apart and forward. The seat is low. So not a touring bike. Having said that, I have taken several 3,000 mile trips had fun but, I was tired. Ride, have fun, and make some changes as you go along. You started out with a good bike

Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 08:52 PM

Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avfan View Post
Hi, I am new to this site, just bought a v-star 1100 2005 with 6500 miles on it. Wife and I are getting ready to go on a 2400 mile round trip from Colorado to Missouri , and I don't find the seat real comfy. I am looking at a Mustang daytripper deluxe does anyone have any suggestions for seats. Also would take any advice on long trips this will be our first. Thanks,
Joe
Read Dave's post good and think. He will not steer you wrong, make book on it. Have a great trip and have fun, most ,RIDE SAFE.

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Dave! Iwas just trying toget some first hand experience. My wife and I also have a Suzuki GS650G 1981 and we put about 4000 miles on it last season but never more than about 200-300 miles a day. She thinks that seat is easier to sit on even tho it's almost 30 years old stock, and I find the star seat comfy for an hour or 2 , but then gets a little hard? Feeling not so comfy. Anyone with views I would be happy to hear.
Again , thanks to all on this forum for all tho good info!!

Joe 2005 V-Star 1100
Raven black and Liquid gold
Western Colorado
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avfan View Post
Thanks Dave! Iwas just trying toget some first hand experience. My wife and I also have a Suzuki GS650G 1981 and we put about 4000 miles on it last season but never more than about 200-300 miles a day. She thinks that seat is easier to sit on even tho it's almost 30 years old stock, and I find the star seat comfy for an hour or 2 , but then gets a little hard? Feeling not so comfy. Anyone with views I would be happy to hear.
Again , thanks to all on this forum for all tho good info!!
Check out Corbin, Saddleman, and Ultimate, too. I went with Ultimate and am very happy.

'08 V* 1300
Ride Safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode