Greetings from The Space Coast, Florida - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Greetings from The Space Coast, Florida

Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Tombstone and I'm a retired Army helicopter Crew Chief. I spent over 20 years flying and repairing US Army Hueys and Blackhawks. After retiring in 2006 I relocated to FL and now work as an IT Engineer for a defense contractor.

Realizing my inability to function efficiently without my fellow military brothers and sisters, I joined the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association where we spend our free time riding together, telling war stories and helping vets and their families. Anyone interested should check out http://combatvet.org/ or if you live in the Sunshine State, you can find us at http://www.cvmaflorida.org/

I ride an 06 V-Star 1100 Custom, (with flames - LOL). I call it my "Yama-Davidson".

Within less than five minutes of discovering this forum, I saw it's beauty. I had a starting problem with my bike and upon performing some research, I kept getting side tracked with tangent topics I found interesting. In the end, I saw lots of articles written to be helpful and thorough. That was it, I had to join.

Most of my friends ride HD's and while they do have some pretty cool looking bikes, I've decided to stick with my Yama-Davidson for the time being. Some day I'd like to explore the possibility of getting a Road King, right now, I'm happy.

I'm always looking for tips on cool and useful gear specifically for my Yama-Davidson. I'd rather read others experiences before I commit much $$'s. I hope something I share while a member here will be helpful to someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM

Welcome, yes, this is one of the best civil forums there is (IMHO) when it comes to knowledge and a whole ton of folks are more than willing to help and offer what they can. Add what you can when you can, help the Star Bikes Forums grow BTW, glad to see service members come on board, sort of special to me, been there too. Ride safe.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:10 AM

Welcome! I lived in Ocala, Florida for 10 years, now back in Buffalo, N.Y., But someday back to FL.
Love my V Star 950 Tourer. Harleys are nice bikes,
but I can't justify taking out a second mortgage to buy one $$$.
Besides, my 950 is a perfect fit for me, and it has it's own very uniqe
style, and sound. I'm not gonna change a thing on it. Just love it
the way it is.
Glad to see ya here, enjoy!

Now 2010 V STAR 950 T
Former bikes were
1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim
1977 Harley Iron Head Sportster
1970 Triumph 500 Hard Tail Chopper
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome Taboo and Sugar Bear. It's always good to hear from members when you join a new forum. It makes me feel at home.

Welcome Home Sugar Bear! I appreciate your service to this great country. I look forward to meeting more members and contributing where I can.

All the best,

Tombstone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode