Hey There From The Chicago 'burbs - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Hey There From The Chicago 'burbs

Hello all,

Wifey just purchased an 09 V-Star 950 and being a new addition to our biker family thought (sorry, I'm riding a Kawi VN900) that I could get some insight into the bike's nuiances and also get advise on add on's. Denise (wife) is so not into the internet and computer's so I will relay any info you folks pass on, she's a new rider and so eager to out on her own. Just want to say glad to be here and have Denise starting to ride on her own.

Peace and keep the rubber side down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:50 PM

Are you a shrink?

Welcome to the V-STAR world, does your user name mean you are a shrink? You heard the one about you never see a motorcycle parked outside a shrinks office? Maybe you park in the back, just havin fun here Welcome, have fun, ride safe!

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:37 PM

Hey Mental Cop, Welcome! I just got a 2010 V Star 950 Tourer and I think it's just great. I couldn't be happier with it. I haven't had it long enough
to know if there is anything I don't like about it (been less than a week), but as far as I can tell it's perfect.

Now 2010 V STAR 950 T
Former bikes were
1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim
1977 Harley Iron Head Sportster
1970 Triumph 500 Hard Tail Chopper
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Hey Sugar,

Actually my Handle is quite literal, I work as a law enforcement officer (corrections might be closer) in a mental health facility that houses mentally ill prisoners (detainee's/custody's/whatever). Besides, Shrink's don't get biker's. As far as they are concerned we're all crazy, which in some respect's ain't all bad. Thanks for the welcome we all appreciate it.

Peace Out
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Hey Taboo,
I gotta say that you are right on the head, my wife is 5 foot and the 950 fit's her perfect. I think if I had tried on the 950 before my VN900 purchase I might have done different, in any case Denise is cool (so far) that we share bikes so I get to enjoy her machine as well as mine. As a bonus our youngest son has an 09 Raider that he let's the old man occasionally take out for a little mayhem causing.

Peace out brothers
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Cop View Post
Hey Sugar,

Actually my Handle is quite literal, I work as a law enforcement officer (corrections might be closer) in a mental health facility that houses mentally ill prisoners (detainee's/custody's/whatever). Besides, Shrink's don't get biker's. As far as they are concerned we're all crazy, which in some respect's ain't all bad. Thanks for the welcome we all appreciate it.

Peace Out
They can put any label they want on a facility, but I've worked GP, BHU, and SHU and I say they are all FRIGGEN NUTS!!!
Stay Safe

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:56 PM

So far, my only complaint is the seat comfort. Everyone's butt is a little different, so other riders might not have the same complaint as me. Other than the seat I LOVE the bike. It is so easy to ride! I have managed to scrap the floor boards a few times and at first it really freaked me out, but now that I have done it several times I have come to expect it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode