New member from Charlotte NC - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

New member from Charlotte NC

Hello everyone. I just sold the last in a long line of maxi scooters a Vespa GTS 300. The new owner will pick it up on Thursday. I am going to transition to motorcycles by purchasing a new Yamaha V Star 250. I should decide which area dealer to purchase the bike from on Monday with delivery hopefully next Saturday or the following Monday. At close to 70 years of age that will be big enough for me. I look forward to becoming active on this users WEB sight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. what made you decide to to trade up?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:06 AM

Welcome Jr!

Glad to see some younger members joining the ranks. If you have any photos of those old scoots, please post them up. Corsair likes to see pics.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 05:44 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. The 250 is one snappy litle scoot and you should enjoy it a lot. makes for a great in town bike, although I did read a story about a guy that rode his across the country.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone

I very much appreciate the welcome response to my first post. To answer the question why I decided to move from maxi scooters to motorcycles. I did a lot of day trips on the big scoots lots of 55 to 65 mile an hour time on those bikes. I was always concerned about not seeing a big pothole or some other garbage in the road that would launch me off the scoots. The much larger wheel sizes on motorcycles I think will reduce my chance of going down given some a of the lousy roads around here. Even the little V Star 250 with a slightly smaller engine that I had on a Vespa GTS 300 or my much bigger 500cc Yamaha Tmax will be safer to ride at speed on back country roads. I seldom ran around town on the big scoots. I like the twistys and open country road riding. No interstates for me. The 250 is light,has great handling, should be easy for me to move around in my garage. I thought about the V Star 650. Great bike but over 500 pounds and much bigger. Would not fit in my garage with the car in there also. Oh one reason for the move to motorcycles the low seat height. I will be able to flat foot at stops for the first time. Big scoots have 31 inch height on seats. I think both the 650 and 250 have 27 inch height on the seats. Enough rambling .
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:39 AM

Welcome aboard habjr.That 250 will scoot you around just fine.

09 V STAR 1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode