Hello from Roanoke, VA! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Hello from Roanoke, VA!

Hi!

I'm Mark. I'm 45 and after riding dirtbikes every weekend for 37 of those years I have decided to give streetbikes a try.

Bought a 2005 V-Star 1100 with 9,500 miles April 9th (Craigslist). Had to maintain it to suit me (oil, oil filter (yuk), valves, air filter, clean all that oil out of the airbox, brakes, brake fluid, front tire, fuel filter, carb sync, various rusty bolts, check EVERYTHING!)

SO glad I found this site and all the step by step instructions for doing all of this. More than awesome... Thanks to everyone, especially the people with the sloneservices site that has the FAQ!

As I only have a learners permit so far, I haven't gotten to ride it as much as I would like. However, I think that is going to change as it gets warmer here.

Thanks again and I'm sure anxious to ride my new (to me) 1100!

Last edited by mmartinyz; 05-01-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: it's not new, its used...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartinyz View Post
Hi!

I'm Mark. I'm 45 and after riding dirtbikes every weekend for 37 of those years I have decided to give streetbikes a try.

Bought a 2005 V-Star 1100 with 9,500 miles April 9th (Craigslist). Had to maintain it to suit me (oil, oil filter (yuk), valves, air filter, clean all that oil out of the airbox, brakes, brake fluid, front tire, fuel filter, carb sync, various rusty bolts, check EVERYTHING!)

SO glad I found this site and all the step by step instructions for doing all of this. More than awesome... Thanks to everyone, especially the people with the sloneservices site that has the FAQ!

As I only have a learners permit so far, I haven't gotten to ride it as much as I would like. However, I think that is going to change as it gets warmer here.

Thanks again and I'm sure anxious to ride my new (to me) 1100!
Whats up Mark, let me be the first to welcome ya. Yes its a awesome site with great people and a lot of help. I feel ya on the excitement of the new ride. Just got my 1300 v star tourer last saturday and trying to fit in ride every chance I get! Which is prolly even harder than where your at, cause here in northern michigan its winter from october-pretty much may! We just now have almost all of the snow melted away. Anyway, again welcome, feel free to add me to your contacts if you like and post a pic of the new ride when you get a chance! ttyl Aaron

27 V Star 13 Tourer
Mustang Vintage Seats with Backrest
Kuryakin Iso Grips
Cobra Freeway Bar
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs
Lanzer Optimc90 700watt Audio System

Last edited by A.B.WAN; 05-01-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add in my name to introduction
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Pretty good intro but your are missing the most important part of it. I'll let you guess what it is and act on it. Unfortunately had you added this part , you would of went to the front of the line at the DMV and get your full license right away . The 1100 is one very sweet ride; as more than me will attest to .

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode