Another noob - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Another noob

Hello everybody,
I'm a Noob here, so hello! Just bought an 06 Strat Deluxe S. This particular Strat is the most beautiful bike I've ever seen. Bought it from a Full Bird Colonel in Topeka KS. I'll post a few pics at the end of the story as to how I came to have this Strat. The story begins here.
My 26 year old son ( who is a Key West cop) calls me on the phone about two months ago and tells me that earlier in the year he had bought 60 raffle tickets from an organization called B.A.D.D. (Bikers against Drunk Drivers) and he was just notified that he was the second place winner of seven winners. To make a long story a little shorter he won a 1948 Custom built Ford pickup built on a 1986 Corvette chassis "Plus" a brand new Harley V-Rod motorcycle. He wants me to have the bike (see what happens Dads if you raise them right!). I graciously accept. After making changes to the V-Rod attempting to make it comfortable to ride, I come to the conclusion that it is impossible. This V-Rod is a piece of sheet and it does not deserve a spot in my garage. The son says " Sell it and get something else". It sells on e-bay the first day. "Now"... armed with a pocket of cash I can go shopping for something more to my liking. I scour e-bay looking for that perfect bike. Harleys...nah, BMW's...bad problems with the final drive units, Honda...seems as though they fell off of the fashion train about seven years ago, Kawasaki... that new Concourse 14 looks interesting but I already have a FJR 1300. Let's see what Yahama has to offer. 1100 and 1300 V Stars...nah, Venturer touring bikes...mmmm maybe, Stratoliner...what the hell is a Stratoliner? Wow... that's a nice looking bike. Lets have a closer look... Holy Sheet! That thing is beautiful! Hey Mister, send me some more pics. Oh my God! There it is!! I want "That One". I bought it and here it is...

I'm calling myself "Fat Strat". It is a Fat Strat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Welcome from SO IN, from what you say, and what I see, Ol Sugar Bear thinks you done good!

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Liner

Fat Strat,

Looks good, is that Corbin, fairing, bags, and seats? I have a stock 06 Stratoliner 42,000 miles. Lover it.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerdave View Post
Fat Strat,

Looks good, is that Corbin, fairing, bags, and seats? I have a stock 06 Stratoliner 42,000 miles. Lover it.

Dave
The fairing is made by a company called ABS. It has a Jenson AM/FM/CD i-pod compatable with four 6 1/2" speakers The bags are Corbin "Beetle Bags". And the seat is Corbin as well.
Damm...42,000 on an 06 and living up in the "Great White North"? You got snow tires for that bike? Either that or you're riding the wheels off of it in the summer! Glad to see a high miler Strat out there. Lets me know that I can expect the same.

Fat Strat
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM

That's quite a machine. Nice.

Now 2010 V STAR 950 T
Former bikes were
1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim
1977 Harley Iron Head Sportster
1970 Triumph 500 Hard Tail Chopper
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Bear 06 View Post
Welcome from SO IN, from what you say, and what I see, Ol Sugar Bear thinks you done good!
Thanks Sugar Bear,

Me thinks I done, done good, to.

Fat Strat
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 02:59 PM

Welcome to the forum, I am new here as well.
That is an awesome looking bike.

Enjoy!!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode