Back In The Saddle - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Jayson Wonder
Back In The Saddle

Hello All,

Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I am a proud owner of a new 2009 V-Star 1100 Silverado. Picked it up on Thursday and went on my first real run today, it was great! It is stock at the moment but I am waiting for my K&N air filter, Cobra slash cut slip-ons and a DnynaJet kit to come in and be installed after my 1000 KM break in period.

I chose this bike over the Honda VTX 1300 and the V-Star Custom Midnight. For the main reason that it was pretty much dressed up the way I wanted with the saddle bags, windscreen and sissy bar / pad, and I love the studded look.

This is the 7th bike I have owened over the last 20 years. The 1st one I ever bought brand new off the showroom floor. What a great feeling.

I am originally from the East Coast of Canada (Halifax) but temporarily living on the West Coast (Victoria), I heard this is one of the best places in the country for riding. From sea to mountains and awesome country farmland and forrest all in one afternoon. After my run today I have a whole new love for riding and for the West Coast.

My only complaint so far is that I only got 185 KM (121 MI) out of my tank. I was told by the dealer that I had a full tank when I picked it up but maybe he meant half or partial full. I will see what happens tomorrow on my next run.

I look forward to learning and participating in this forum as well as meeting some great people. I have not been on a bike forum since the old Viragos Owner's Group many years back.

Happy & Safe Riding To All!

2009 V-Star 1100 Silverado
K&N Air Filter, DynoJet Kit, Vance & Hines Classic II Pipes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:16 AM

Hi, Jason. the 1st bike I bought new also. Looked at the VTX 1300 but after 3yr on this bike I am glad I got it instead. I have been on other forums and read varying stories on mods by good authority and went with the MaxAir even though many go a different rout.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 12:58 AM

Hey Jayson,

I just picked up a 2008 V Star 1100 Silverado in Victoria July 15 from S G Power on Hillside Ave. A repo loaded with $5000. of extras & only 6000 km for $6995.

I know what you mean about the milage. No gauge!! Keep your eye on it & remember run only reg gas in it!!!!! No premium!!!!

Yes, there is some fabulous riding over there. Tofino, Strathcona Park. Remember if you go to Port Renfrew, there might not be gas there after Sept (happened to me)

If you get over this way, give me a shout, we'll go for a burn together.

Cheers,
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Regular?

Hey, congrats on your purchase and jumping back in the saddle!

Jumping back in the saddle can be tought, I have been there as I was hit on my first bike but that was many years ago and my injuries were not as severe as yours.

I recently heard of SG Cycles from another member here who actually got a bike from there. I was in the shop a couple of days ago, nice spot.

What color is yours? Also please enlighten me about the regular gas thing, this is major as I have of some people putting regular in but generally I beleived most were putting supreme or equivalent,

I have been putting that in my VStar and if there is reason to switch to reg I will do that. I can't remember what the manual states (I should know).

Hope to hear back from you and yes most definitely if I make it off the island I will look you up.

Thanks,

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM

Hi Jayson,

My 1100 is black with no badging on it. The manual states reg gas only. My brother who rides Roadstar 1700 & ownes machanic shop says "that's right, reg only!" I used to ride a Harley and yes I used prem. With metric no! I will never run prem in the V star. There are forums here about gas.

Andy (GM) was OK but the clothing dept people.....lazy. The folks over at Action were fab. I bought Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket from them.

Cheers,

Linda
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I actually like dealing with Action Cycles, they treat me good there and they should since that is where I bought the bike.

Yeah the manual says regurar gas, but it seems that many people on here are still using higher grade. I may try a tank of regual and see how it runs guess I got nothing to loose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode