New member in northern GA - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Smile New member in northern GA

Hello!

I have returned to the world of cruisers, and have just bought a new Star Raider S, 2012 model. I have had sport bikes, cruisers, started on dirt bikes when I was quite young, which I am not now. I traded a 2008 Yamaha FZ1 after just over 4 years of loving that bike. But, it's really great to be back on a cruiser, and I love this Raider. Much better bike, so far, than the VTX 1800 I had a few years ago.

I'm interested to see the myriad of tech posts, mods, all that good stuff!

Troy W.
2012 Kawasaki Z1000, orange and black. Delkevic CF mini slip-ons, Two Brothers Juice Box Pro with Ivan's map, Ivan's ECU re-flash, RhinoMoto bar ends with CRG Blindsight mirrors, K&N air filter, Ivan's air box mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Indeed...very nice bikes for the BOTM. I'm looking forward to, step by step, making the Raider more my own. Although, I do have to say that this bike is really, really nice right from Yamaha. Not much I really have to do, just some things I want to do. The stock pipes, though nice looking and deep sounding, had to go. My wife's nearly stock R6 made more sound than the stock Raider. That's just not right...

Troy W.
2012 Kawasaki Z1000, orange and black. Delkevic CF mini slip-ons, Two Brothers Juice Box Pro with Ivan's map, Ivan's ECU re-flash, RhinoMoto bar ends with CRG Blindsight mirrors, K&N air filter, Ivan's air box mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:51 AM

Welcome TroyTail.

Nice intro and great bike in the Raider . . . if only we could see that 'beautiful black and chrome' of which you speak.

Post up some pics and share the joy.

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 11:07 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Troy. I'm sure you'll get your fill of advice, help and razzing on this forum. Lot's of great folks on here that love to talk bike.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Ha ha! Thanks! I will work on getting some pics up here when I get it all back together. Less than a month old, and it's in pieces in the garage for the first installs. I look forward to seeing what myriad of stories and info away on this forum, and with this bike. Each machine has carried an interesting mix of people...sometimes in good ways.

I just love motorcycles, and appreciate about all of them in some way. My wife has her R6 that she loves, and is comfortable on. Curled all up like a pretzel, but she loves that bike. I do too, but can't ride it for very long.

Anyhoo...so far so great with the Raider!

Troy W.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 06:35 PM

Welcome aboard the krazy train. You will find all sorts of great info here. Some of it might even be what your looking for. Now this picture thing.. Do you really have a bike ?
Let's see it all taken apart. Won't be the first thread with bikes in pieces.

You prefer fries or baked potatoes ?

2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight.

Give blood Play Hockey
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

LOL! I didn't think to take any pics with it all apart...ha ha! It's all back together, pipes on, sounds awesome! Here's a pic of it before the install...the other rider is my wife with her R6!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GARDEN SPRING 2013 005.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	9577  

Troy W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode