First time Rider and Bike, Hi from Portland Oregon! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

First time Rider and Bike, Hi from Portland Oregon!

Hi Folks,

First time rider and owner. I got my self a 2003 V-Star Silverado 1100. I skinned it down by removing the windshield, saddle bags, and sissy bar/rear seat. Im going for that chopper crusier look, i guess you could say. Im still learning my style .

It only has 9300 miles on it and it's flawless. I have just ordered a ton of chrome items for it, phantom covers, drive shaft covers, head light trim, other body chrome panels and goodies. I want to add the baron intake and predator pro kit, and maybe an air suspension in the later future. Im only 5'5", so the lower the better.

I got lucky and the previous owner took great care of it and allready lowered it 2 inches in the rear, the awesome pacificcoaststar potato chip seat, and a set of the good ol' V&H classic's. Im in love with it . I have wanted this model of v-star for the last 12 years. I have had to be very patient.

I would love to find some local groups or a buddy or 2 to criuse around with this upcoming summer, so feel free to PM me if you want to meet up sometime. Im sure i can squeeze some time away from the wife and kids if i beg, lol.

Im a younger guy, but not a punk. I have the utmost respect for other peoples safety and my own, so please, no stunt drivers or people wanting to find the top of end of their bikes. Respectfully, its just not my intentions for my style of riding. I just love to cruise around 45mph or so on a beautiful country road. Relaxing, lol.

Anywho, here she is, minor mods to come. I shopped around pretty hard to get the best prices, so anyone would like to know the $ or where i got the extras, send me a PM. pics of them all to come soon, just waiting for shipping

Thanks for looking and i look forward to chatting with all of you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 03:12 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Most excellent intro my friend. What more could we ask for? I'll leave that one to the others to ask .

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM

Welcome to the forum! That's a very sweet bike! I like the look of the solo seat. I think you found a great forum and I'm sure you will enjoy the discussions and will find answered otanyquestions you have. Have fun!

BLUE BIKE CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5655

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

New Stuff!!!

So i got some of the stuff i oredered, ran home for lunch and had to throw them on real quick, lol.

I added:

-Clear Lenses, god that helps alot, sorry but, those amber lenses are just way too 70's
-Front Fork Tool Bag
-Chrome Head Light Visor
-Throttle Palm Rest
-Engine Guards
-Chrome Tank Emblem
-Dragstar Tank Badge, relocated to the transmission
-Chrome Master Cylinder Reservore Cover

I have tons more coming, ill post them as the come along

Its not much, but defiantly brings me closure to the look I'm going for.

Here's some Pics:

Last edited by Exsomos; 05-16-2013 at 10:20 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 PM

Well me to the forum.. You need to get a award for the best intro post. Welcome to the club and if I ever make it out to Portland I will be lost and call you for directions..

I see the back seat is missing is your wife not a passenger ?

2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight.

Give blood Play Hockey
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Wife: i took the rear seat off, for now. she is very concerned about safety and doesn't want to ride it until I have more confidence. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I got her hurt.

... And I only have my permit. She said she would ride on it with me after get my endeosement. So that kinda helps me make sure I get it.

Other than that, she likes the bike and likes what I want to do with it. She looks totally hot on it too, lol

Her dad let her on the back of his Harley when she was little, it's a fond memory for her. So her and I are looking forward to it. But, safety first.

I have 2 daughters, my oldest (6 yrs) begs me everyday for a ride and runs over and sits on it after school each day. (Reminds me of me :-)) but no helmet for her, yet. And again, safety first.

Soooo, need my endorsement.

Last edited by Exsomos; 05-16-2013 at 09:37 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 06:10 AM

I like the nice clean look that your bike has...Very nice. I also like the narrow crash bars. Where did you find the best price for those as Im interested in buying some?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 AM

Yes getting the endorsement is a great thing. I have a 3 year old who thinks no matter if we see a motorcycle on the road someone took daddies.. It's funny to say the least. He is always wanting to sit on it and touch it. He understand he can't touch it or daddy will be upset.

I personally don't like passengers but that's just my own thing.

2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight.

Give blood Play Hockey
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Guy View Post
I like the nice clean look that your bike has...Very nice. I also like the narrow crash bars. Where did you find the best price for those as Im interested in buying some?
thanks, i like them, they're more low profile. i shopped around for days for these to find the best deal. They typical price was $150-$200, i paid half that.

They claim to be new, mine showed up packaged horribly and had a few nicks, but otherwise perfectly fine. I guess that is was i get. They look very OEM or similar to.

I will you a PM with the link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode